Easter recipes - join and share

Easter recipes - join and share

uova-mimosa[1].jpg

A very easy easter starter, mum used to call it uova mimosate probably french inheritance:

Boiled eggs cut into 2 halves along the longest side

Take out the yolk and mix it  with tuna fish, mayo or pink sauce at your taste, few capers, a drop of cayenne pepper if you like

Fill the egg whites with the mix YUMM

10 Replies 10
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mazda2 

Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do with duck eggs? I cannot find any interesting recipes that don't require a load of other weird ingredients.

A friend in west yorkshire used to serve me her duck eggs, she had a pond and a hill with land, on a toast.

@Huma0  Are deviled [chicken] eggs a thing in the UK?  My grandmother made them so I love them.  They're retro, but may be getting hip again, I was surprised to see deviled eggs on the menu at a few places

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mark116 

Not really, as far as I am aware, but it doesn't surprise me to hear that they are becoming hip again. Scotch eggs had a bit of a revival a few years ago...

Hello! I'm a new host! Being Easter! My great, great, great Grandfather brought the Easter Lily to this country in the late 1800s at his Florist shop in West Chester, Pa.  Joseph kift Google for more information! 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Huma0 you could use the duck eggs in curried eggs for sandwhiches. They are popular with the older generation and If you have to take a plate to function none are left. Easy and cheap to make.

@Mazda2 an Easter meal can be salmon rissoles or fish cakes. When our children were young we used to call them "cat burgers" and served them with salad sometimes we cooked them on the barbeque.

Another meal is zucchini fritters, vegetable fritata, or quiche.

On easter mum used to let me find uova mimosa, shrimp cocktail and pizza al formaggio (a soft salty pecorino bread shaped as a mushroom) + corallina and fresh pecorino slices. Then she used to take out from oven a roasted lamb with potatoes perfumed of garlic gloves and rosemary and I said "mum I had enough" so she put the meat/potatoes in a container and told me "You eat tomorrow at your home". Always take care of your mums until they're are a big inheritance before they leave.

Lasagne al radicchioLasagne al radicchioOk I'll add a simple but not quick recipe called Lasagne al Radicchio, looks like lasagne but instead of ragù meat are made of red chickory:

- Make an homemade besciamelle, or get it at the grocery
- On a low flame fry some prosciutto, add 3 red chickory balls (they shrink) cut into layers and a small onion, add half glass of red wine and cover until done. and when wine is evaporated.
- mix besciamelle with grana/parmigiano
- cook some layers of lasagne (get it at grocery)
- on a baking rectangular tray spread some filling on the bottom, add a layer dough, top it with filling and so on should be 3-4 layers, finish with filling and stick it in the oven 180C until top is brown.

Enjoy 🙂

Follow radicchio cooking here avoiding the risotto step 😄

https://youtu.be/NIy_SJ1beGU

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Mazda2 @Huma0 @Laurelle3 I had pet ducks when I was younger - best fairy cakes ever made with those beautiful eggs. They always had a green tinge on the shell because they loved tinned peas! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines