[Meetup] November 25th, 2020: Community Social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] November 25th, 2020: Community Social

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you are keeping well. We are quickly moving towards the end of the year, but before we head into 2021 (I think many of us are quite looking forward to saying goodbye to 2020), we still have time for several more social meetups. 🙂

I know for many of our US members, you will be celebrating Thanksgiving towards the end of the week, so I thought we might be able to sneak a meetup in just before it. 

The next social meetup will take place on Wednesday, November 25th, 10PM (UK time). 

Timezones:

Wednesday November 25th, 4PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Wednesday November 25th, 5PM (New York / Toronto)

Wednesday November 25th, 11PM (Spain)

Thursday November 26th, 7AM (Seoul)

Thursday November 26th, 7:30AM (Darwin)

Thursday November 26th, 8:30AM(Adelaide) 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEld-mppzgqG9VwQca8w5UxDM1qfpUgOQMf

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie@Inna22

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible. 

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

25 Replies 25
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, 

I've updated the link for the event tomorrow, feel free to register from now. 🙂 

Looking forward to speaking with you.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

Thanks @Lizzie . I shall see you tomorrow. Don't mind the time. It's curfew time anyway here in Estepona, Spain.

Bessos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lizzie . 

Done! 

I should be asleep 💤 (0439am), BUT my brain is working overtime to keep me awake... so I got up and sighted the meetup message.

So maybe now that I have done something productive, I might get in a couple of hours sleep 💤  before I’m back up getting ready for work.... 🙃 For it’s going to be THAT sort of a day!

I think 7.30am CST on my day off, is a mighty fine distraction

! 🙌😁

Thanks! I'll be there!

I know I won't be up at 7am..... but after my mad dash to the office, I might manage to pop in near the end (8ish) to say a quick hello~ Fingers crossed 🤞

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wonderful news, can't wait to see you @Christine615@Cathie19@Marissa107

@Jessica-and-Henry0 this would be an added extra treat if we get to see you in the morning! 🙂 Hope your journey to the office goes well. 

--------------------

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

I mucked it up.  I am in Atlanta right now, and it's an hour different than St. Lucia. I will set my clocks next.

Next time let us know your time zone...so we can all remind you! You were missed by the group!
‼️‼️AND a miracle happened before our eyes! (Tongue in cheek) Jess @Jessica-and-Henry0  made it to a morning meeting. 😳😊🤣🤣🤣🤣🌻

So wonderful to see you all @Lizzie , @Jessica-and-Henry0 , @Christine615 , @Marissa107 , @Lawrene0@Clara116 , @Ann72. I feel since this Covid19 **bleep**e, that I have new found friends across the globe. It’s the “new” pen pals of our time! One day we may get to meet up for real......

So here’s to setting alarms so we can clock in across the world clock.
Whether it be tea and toast, good water, or beer and snacks, I think these meet ups have nourished our mugs to be fairly full..... a non American or Canadian thanksgiving........

Caring camaraderie, questions, commentary, quotes, carefree non-critiqued chats, chuckles, cheese, coffee, cakes, kale, and “cool” >>> be it our a state of mind, climate or how we take our wine, beer or gin!

Oh, and to toques, modern medicine, bargains, blaze orange... and world peace!

Clearly...... I haven't been able to grow out of being the one who dashes into the classroom as the final bell goes off 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Always such a treat to see everyone 😘 I'm so glad I joined in time not to miss seeing you all~

@Lizzie @Cathie19 @Christine615 @Marissa107 @Ann72 @Clara116 @Lawrene0 

And I definitely vote yes for a having a meetup sometime near Christmas or New Year's. 

Cloulds cleared up and we're having nice autumn weather today!

1606373084043-0.jpg

1606373084043-1.jpg

Love this, @Cathie19!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie @Cathie19 @Christine615 @Ann72 @Lawrene0 @Marissa107 @Jessica-and-Henry0 

all of you- Thank You - for allowing me in the zoom to be overbearing, unloading, you know - talking too much- you ladies are really treasures - I never want to be "her" - "all about me" - and I was - and it helped feed (the needy me) me but felt selfish when I look at it/write about it. Anyway, I hope not to repeat that and I am sorry for what meant we didn't hear much from Lawrene or Lizzie - I'll say sorry again and stop it. I can imagine a few of  you reading this right now -please...... hahaha 

You know all the different personalities of the women in Sex and the City when they gather with all their life happenings, stories- and if they were doubled instead of 4 women ....kinda reminds me of our meetups - so many different faces, personalities, interest, styles and I totally adore it. 

There's the beautiful awful

(some of the worse things that have happened have had beautiful starts, pieces or endings) ----- this pandemic has been the awful, But you ladies have been the beautiful.

hugs, your Clara

Oh @Clara116....... 😳

I need a mouth guard way more than you! 😣
What goes around comes around 🎠🎡 and I’m sure @Lizzie  & @Lawrene0  have a different perspective 🙌🏼 than you.  I’m not sorry to hear your stories today! Or any day!

from everyone’s conversations I learnt new foods, water systems, climate see-saws, organically grown strawberries, we discussed the world health systems, photo booths, pumpkin tarts, Thanksgiving, rascism scenarios and so much more......

I now need a great kale salad recipe for Xmas in our sun, and a new vegetarian- vegan recipe from @Marissa107.

Another round of applause for @Lizzie for a wonderful meet up with all of you lovely ladies! @jessica-and-HenryO love your Autumn shots! You're lucky to have such pleasant view.

Oh @Clara116 , I would never consider it as a verbal diarrhea! We miss you and your very informative updates and I hope your greens would help your speedy healing. And that Kale, simply mouth watering. By the way, try massaging it first with lemon juice and salt. It will easily breakdown tough fibers for easy digestion. And your salad will be divine. @ Lawrene, next Christmas meet up, I'll try to wear my beanie aka toque ( thanks, I learnt a new word!) to match yours. Getting excited to see @Cathie19 's Christmas earrings too! The best of luck @Christine615 in one of your rich neighbourhood garage sales. You'll never know you might find your Enagic machine ( Kangen water) there! @Ann72 I hope your pumpkin tart was a success ! I still could imagine you in your blazing neon orange `gangster cap'. Here's to you  my secret anti- blemish  cream: 

Turmeric/ Pure Shea butter  cream:

Shea butter (1 tsp)

3/4 tsp of almond oil ( carrier oil)

Mix  in a small 50 mg tub ( use your old cream tubs) until you get a very foamy ( consistency like meringue) cream. Add few drops of oil if needed.  Add bit by bit turmeric powder during the mixing process.  Colour depends on you since turmeric stains. I make mine like turmeric gold. I use this as a make up base too. Because of lockdown, you can indulge yourself with this cream while at home. Who cares if you smell like a walking curry as long as you have that sun kissed glow ! 

And speaking of curry, I just had courgette and chickpea curry with lemon grass and coconut milk@Cathie19.

Looking forward to our Christmas meet up and maybe with @Stephanie too?

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Clara116  Oh hush, every word you spoke was exactly what every one of us wanted to hear.  Needed to hear!  ❤️

@Cathie19 this is the kale salad from the New York restaurant I miss so much - I'm going there for lunch as soon as I can:  https://www.wearedore.com/photos/il-bucos-kale-salad/

I'll post the pumpkin tarts once I pipe them lol

Thank you, @Lizzie, for bringing us together.  So much to be thankful for today.