Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Staying active

Activities.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re well!

Being active is very important for our health. I do quite a lot of exercising, to stay fit and many of the people around me exercise as well which is very motivating.

I know it’s not easy to find the time during a busy day of hosting, however, I was wondering if you try to take time for yourself and perhaps exercise when you have a spare moment? Exercise, doesn’t always mean going to the gym, perhaps you enjoy going for a long walk close by or further afield?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

32 Replies 32
Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Quincy  An added health benefit of hosting to me has been that I now have to walk my goden retreiver (Everest) up and down the twisty roads several times a day.

In the past I would let him loose outside, however he decided to wake up the guests by knocking on the door of their cootage:)  So I have been walking him for several years now, not sure if I lost any weight , however Everest loves it.

IMG_7305.JPG

Rubén
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rubén16, Everest looks lovely! It's great to hear that you're both very active! I have a family dog (Labrador Retriever) that I used to take for long walks when I was still living in Scotland :-). What's very surprising is that he's not really into fetching tennis balls but he loves finding massive tree branches and bringing them along for the entire walk. Is Everest also very playful? 

Backson, our family dogBackson, our family dog

-----

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Quincy  I can see Everest and Backson both running in the hills of scotland:) 

Everest is the reverse of Backson,  Everest loves to fetch, he does not do much finding and dragging branches with him, I guess it is because we have so many trees and branches in Vermont:)

He is a great tracker, he loves when he picks up the scent of rabbits, deer, black bear, and other animals.

Rubén
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What a beautiful dog Everest is, I would love a golden retriever, @Rubén16 . 

Have you taken a look at our Community Pets discussion? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Lizzie  I Loved the community pet discussion!! 

I found it through the link you provided above, however I was not able to located it any where else in the forum, it would be great if it could be added to one of the all discussion room boxes, or somewhere where it is more visible to the community:)

Rubén
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Rubén16, on the Community Pets discussion I've also shared a photo of our other family dog named 'Bram' :-). It's really interesting to see how many of us actually have pets! 

-----

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Quincy  Love me some hiking! This picture was on a recent trip to California (sidenote: the Airbnb host was superb during this trip). I also play in local basketball and volleyball leagues whenever I have the time.

santa_monica.jpg

Daniel

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

WOW! What a view @Daniel1598, how can you concentrate on hiking? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie it was certainly a challenge! 😄 Fortunately, there was enough time to make it to the peak.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Daniel1598, that's a nice view! I enjoy going for a hike in the English countryside from time to time, although it's been a while. I do go to the gym 3-4 times a week though!

Bamford Edge, Peak District, EnglandBamford Edge, Peak District, England

-----

Excellent view!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Not as nice as yours @Daniel1598

-----

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

This is funny, @Quincy , because I just walked 10 km this afternoon cleaning the listing: a 2-km round trip on the footpath 5 times. It is usually only 2 or 3 round trips, being as efficient as possible, but when something needs fixing, or supplies have been unexpectedly used up, as today, it can be 5 or 6.

So 6 to 12 km of brisk walking per turnover, carrying bedsheets, blankets, firewood, and cleaning supplies. 

Like @Rubén16's, my exercise comes as a benefit of hosting! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, that's quite some distance you have to cover per turnover @Lawrene0! Do you do any other activities to stay fit? 🙂 

-----