What's next for the Community Social Meetups? Share your thoughts

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's next for the Community Social Meetups? Share your thoughts

Pens.jpg

Hello everyone,

Can you believe it, we have now held 10 weekly social meetups since we started in April? Looking back, I can't believe where the time has gone and what has happened over the past few months, but it truly has been a joy to speak with such an amazing group of people each week. We've shared insights into our homes, favourite plants, items that mean things to us, wonderful food dishes (and things you can get in a packet) and met our furry pet friends to mention just a few things. I feel like we've all supported each other through this hard time, shared some sad moments and brought some much needed laughter to our lives as well.  A massive thank you to everyone who has joined and contributed. 

I know things around the world are starting to move a little more and some of you are back hosting or at least thinking about hosting again and generally life seems to be getting busier. I thought it would be good to have a break this week and take this time to check-in with you and ask you where you want the meetups go from here. One thing for sure we need to make sure we have our cook-a-long. 🙂

Currently we are having weekly meetups and they alternate from an APAC friendly timezone to a North America friendly timezone to make sure that everyone can join at a good time for them.

I would love to hear your thoughts on how you have found them so far and how you would like them to continue:

Frequency:

• Weekly (let's keep it as it is)
  • Bi-Weekly (every two weeks sounds good)
  • Monthly
  • I enjoyed them, but I would prefer not to join anymore

Timing:

• Do you have any preferred day/time of the week? Is Tuesday the new Friday? 🙂

Discussion topics:

• General chat, not necessarily Airbnb focused (let's keep it as it is)
  • Would be open to more of a hosting theme, but also liked the relaxed setup
  • Would love to have more interactive sessions where I learn something hosting related or a something fun ie. cooking
  • Please make it all about Airbnb and hosting

Any other thoughts or ideas are most welcome.

I really hope we can keep these meetups going, but it's not really my decision I will certainly be there for all of you and so I would love to hear your thoughts and make a decision together.

If you have never attended a social CC meetup, but you would like to, please share any of your ideas or preferences below, it would also be great to hear from you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

33 Replies 33
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi I would prefer not to do Fridays as I normally do something then. 

Weekly for me is easier because I don't have to remember which week it is one and a set day/time.

I will get there one of these days. When is the next one?

Hello @Lizzie 

I actually had a reply to this post typed up earlier this afternoon..... I was doing some well-deserved procrastinating at the office~ but somehow lost it before I could click reply 😢

Anyhoo~ I'm fine with weekly, bi-weekly (such as 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month) or even monthly (such as 1st Friday of every month). If we have more frequent weekly meetups I'm sure most people (myself included) won't be able to make it every week but would join whenever possible 😁 If the meetups become less frequent, personally I would probably make a stronger effort to be there since if I miss one, I'd have to wait 2 weeks~1 month for the next. I am curious to hear what the overall consensus is. 

For me (based on Korean Time), I'd prefer calls on weekdays (preferably Mon thru Thur) rather than weekends (Friday evenings are start of the weekend so my availability would depend on my weekend plans) - I do a lot of teleconferences for work during the week, so I'm fairly used to managing meetups in consideration with time zones during the week and can be more flexible~ 😆 

Discussion topics - I especially liked the house and garden tours 😆😆😆

I noticed that even if we begin talking with a non-hosting topic we all tend to find a way bring hosting into the discussion one way or another which I think works great. I like the relaxed set up we have now, and don't see the need to limit themes to things that are hosting-specific from the start. 

For the interactive sessions since they would require more preparation and planning, as long as there is someone willing to lead them, I'd be happy with something once every quarter or 6 months? In addition to the cook-a-long, some sort of arts & crafts theme could also be fun. 

I think this is all for now~~ 

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

Hi@Lizzie,

Of course I did enjoy our meet ups! I was so disappointed that I missed the last meeting as I was fighting with Orange! They cut my internet connection with no reason at all!!! It’s a long story and maybe a good topic next time. I reckon they’re the new bullies this age in time. 

I don’t mind having to talk about our interests and Airbnb related for future meetings. I’m so thankful that at least you’re there to patiently guide us through the discussion. 

At the same time looking forward too for our live cook along and eat along session. Maybe something quick, easy and sweet recipes?

Either Tuesday or Friday I don’t mind. 

i shall look forward to the next meet up and meanwhile, enjoy the “ new normal” but stay safe as possible. 

All  of the Schengen areas including the UK will open their borders on June 21st and internationally ( reciprocal) on July 1. 

Hallelujah!

Besos,

Marissa

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Lizzie , I love seeing everyone. 

My vote is for monthly, and for any day that works for the majority. I was pretty available on Fridays during the last few months, but I will be completely unreliable if things get back to any sort of normal, and it looks like they are. Will be there when I can, but cannot really guess what will work.

General chat is good. We never seem to run out of things to say :). 

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Lizzie 

My response is basically what @Jessica-and-Henry0  said but monthly would get my vote as well as Mon-Thurs instead of Friday. I can put together a pretty structured schedule Mon-Thurs, but Fridays are up in the air!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your thoughts here @Suzanne302@Lawrene0@Marissa107@Jessica-and-Henry0@Helen3 

I've also heard from 

@Clara116@Cathie19 @Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Alexandra316,  via DM. Thank you all. 

The great news you are all a fan of keeping them, so the future of the CC meetup is looking rosy. 🙂

It's looking like the bi-weekly and monthly cycle are the most popular, with perhaps the bi-weekly just edging it. The bi-weekly would enable us to have the two timezones each month which is great. 

Monday - Thursday days have also been popular.

I'll leave it a little longer to enable everyone to answer and I'll come back to you on Monday when we can agree the date time for the next one. 

Hope you all enjoy your weekend, don't work too hard. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

I actually don't know where this week has gone, but it's gone! Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I hope you are all doing well and are not working too hard.

I think we are all good to start the meetups again next week. Thank you again for all your feedback, it's fantastic to see they will continue. 

I know many of you said bi-weekly would be great and this enables us to have them in both an APAC friendly timezone and a North America timezone each month. So from now on they will take place every two weeks. Wednesdays seem to be a good day for the majority of you.

Based on this, our next social meetup will take place:

Wednesday July 1st, 10PM (London time)

*Timezones

Wednesday July 1st, 4PM (Kansas City time)

Wednesday July 1st, 5PM (NY & Toronto time)

Wednesday July 1st, 11PM (Spain time)

Thursday July 2nd, 6am (Seoul time)

Thursday July 2nd, 7am (Sydney time)

I hope this sounds good to you all and many of you can make it, do let me know. Also, let me know if this doesn't and we can adjust to suit as many as possible.

I'll send the link next week. 🙂 

I've missed our weekly catch-ups so looking forward to speaking with you. 

Thank you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Wheeee!

It will be a Zoom marathon for me😯!

i have a regular Wednesday meeting from 20:00-22:00+ but I’ll try to catch up with you guys on my phone. 

Thanks for organizing the meeting. 

Shoot me any topic this time!  This will be a good test for any cerebral constipation 😮🤓🥴

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lizzie That's Canada day and I'm off, so I'm in! Glad to hear they're continuing!

Yes, Canada Day and the in-laws are coming over to shout stories at each other from two metres apart. 

If it all ends in time, I will be there!

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Looking forward to see you all @Lizzie 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Excellent,  will try to make it. I seem to be more available in the mornings. Have really enjoyed the ones I've done, even if zoom is tricky. When to speak, when to stop? Thanks lizzie et al.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

How about an art one, can we split into pairs for ten minutes and do portraits of each other? Just for fun. No skill required.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Love that idea @Sandra126 

--------------------