Dear Catherine hello,
Let me start my long message by thanking u for ur reply. With things being as they r, it s already quite an achievement and honestly goes towards giving me back a shred of long lost hope of seeing this matter resolved.
Before I begin allow me to ask u a question and please don t take the wrong way, r u an actual member of the Airbnb staff or rather a host community manager? I only ask because community managers aften r full of good will but regretably hardly have the means of putting it into practice.
Now, to answering the points u mention. Yes, I will stop opening several resolution files as I now understand it may b delaying things rather than speeding them up. Though trust me, refraining from sending various messages is much easier send than done when ur anxiously awaiting ur payment and getting no replies to ur messages.
The second point is to clear things up. Of course, I ve received mutiple answers from Airbnb it s not that they haven t answered at all. Only thing is that the multiple answers r invariably indentical saying that there is nothing they can do and that I should contact PayPal. This, even when I ve sent them tie and again, written message from PayPal telling me that the funds have been succesfully sent to Airbnb s account as per my order and as such only Airbnb could do anything to resolve this matter since the money belongs to them.
The last message I received from Chirs at Airbnb was to tell that he had told me many times now that the funds had gone to a different account and gave me the transaction id. Funny enough, that is the same transaction id I have showing on my activity report showing as succesfully sent to Airbnb. Of course, I sent him a screeshot of that transaction but got no answer. I ve also sent screeshots of each of the transactions invloved in this mess of their doing: first one when I sent the money to my partner s PayPal account to try and withdraw the finds through his account. Then the transaction after we still couldn t withdraw the money putting the funds back in my account. Then the transaction of the first time I sent it back to Airbnb.. Then the second one when I sent the money back to them. I also sent to the different Airbnb agents I ve been in contact with during these very stressful 3 months of trying to resolve this, all proofs and screenshots, about 32 attachments showing the funds left my account and went to Airbnb s account as they had asked me to do after they, for the second time sent the money to the worng payout method. It seems either that they r not going through all the documents I m sending or simply choose to ignore them. I honestly can not see any other explanation to this.
Now, this booking was due to happen on June 16. Laetitia the guest and I agreed because of the covid 19 and cancellation policies to leave the booking as is on Airbnb but postpone it to a later date. That date was agreed upon and the villa remains blocked at such dates for Laetitia to come stay. As much as I would truely hate to cancel the stay I am afraid I won t have any choice unless Airbnb resolves this issue soon. It seems totally unfair and an unpleassant thing to do to Laetitia I am quite aware of that but I am also aware that I simply can not have a stay happening which I haven t received payment for. And of course, I and Airbnb have extensive proofs that that payment has not reached me.
NowLaetitia is already aware of the situtation and has involved her lawyer though she is not yet aware that I will have to cancel her stay if Airbnb doesn t pay me. She will then have to deal with getting her reimbursement. To b honest, after 3 months of going through this nightmare it seems like the most sensible and by far easiest thing to. I am just uneasy doing that to her and that s why I am still trying to find an amicable resolution to this. Of course if that doesn t happen then I ll just have to do what I have to do.
I so much hope u can help me resolve this dear Catherine.
Thanks for ur help and have a good day 🙂