How do you communicate with your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you communicate with your guests?

Communication.png

Hello,

A guest checking in is an important moment, and also something that everyone likes to do differently. The first time the guest sees the accommodation and meets the host (if you are present), it is important to make a good first impression.

Guests may have many questions before and after booking, and good communication helps to make everything easier and more pleasant especially in these times. 

Whether you're an on-site or off-site host, good communication is key. Hosts have ensured that the experience remains personal for guests with some off-site hosts providing tasty snacks or lovely handwritten notes which sometimes can be difficult when managing your listing from a distance. Off-site hosting has at one point almost become the new norm due to restrictions! 

How do you communicate with your guests? What do you do to ensure a smooth check-in?

Let's see what tips we can come up with on this!

Stephanie 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

31 Replies 31

Hi - you posted this awhile back, but let me share the process that I use. I generally send my house manual or guide about a week in advance, sometimes a few days more, before arrival. I encourage guests to read it and let me know if they have any questions. But, of course, people are very busy usually, particularly just before a vacation...so I know some may not have time or read carefully enough. So I also print out and leave the guide on the kitchen table before my guests arrive - and then after the first night I check in with them to see if they have any questions or if I can be of assistance in any way.

That way they have the information beforehand as well as when they arrive - as well as in the info on the Airbnb platform.

Hope this info helps with your hosting.

hello