NEW! Please Critique my listing!

Answered!
Mary-Lisa1
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

NEW! Please Critique my listing!

Hello Air BNB-ers!

I am new to Airbnb and am putting my condo out there for rental. New to this, and would LOVE some feedback! 

Thanks so much in advance!

3 Best Answers
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mary-Lisa1 Others will comment on the fluffy stuff though it looks good to me. I am just wondering if your prices are too low. What have you used to determine where to set your prices?

View Best Answer in original post

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mary-Lisa1 And I see you have a flexible cancellation policy meaning guests can cancel for free the day before their booking starts AND cancel during the booking if the weather is bad! This also allows them to see if there are any better/cheaper places available at the last minute. We swear by the Strict cancellation policy.

A 4 night min stay may work but its a very long weekend. If you switch on pro tools in your account and then use rulesets you can modify the min term by season and also perhaps use a min 1 week stay in high season with a forced check in/out day of the week ensuring you don't have gaps in bookings.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary-Lisa1  "The Space" is where you are meant to describe the house and house layout. You have provided no description at all, just an intro. Nor have you utilized any of the other sections of the description area, like Guest Access.

I'm also not sure why you are listing for 6 guests- it seems much more suited to 4. It seems like your market would be adults coming to golf. When you list a hide-a-bed in the living room as way to cram in more people, it renders the living room no longer a common space, and I can't see adult couples being comfortable with the lack of privacy that results in. And if it is a group of singles, they wouldn't be sharing the double beds anyway, so it would still only be suitable for 4, with one utilizing the the couch sleeper.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mary-Lisa1 Others will comment on the fluffy stuff though it looks good to me. I am just wondering if your prices are too low. What have you used to determine where to set your prices?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mary-Lisa1 And I see you have a flexible cancellation policy meaning guests can cancel for free the day before their booking starts AND cancel during the booking if the weather is bad! This also allows them to see if there are any better/cheaper places available at the last minute. We swear by the Strict cancellation policy.

A 4 night min stay may work but its a very long weekend. If you switch on pro tools in your account and then use rulesets you can modify the min term by season and also perhaps use a min 1 week stay in high season with a forced check in/out day of the week ensuring you don't have gaps in bookings.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary-Lisa1  "The Space" is where you are meant to describe the house and house layout. You have provided no description at all, just an intro. Nor have you utilized any of the other sections of the description area, like Guest Access.

I'm also not sure why you are listing for 6 guests- it seems much more suited to 4. It seems like your market would be adults coming to golf. When you list a hide-a-bed in the living room as way to cram in more people, it renders the living room no longer a common space, and I can't see adult couples being comfortable with the lack of privacy that results in. And if it is a group of singles, they wouldn't be sharing the double beds anyway, so it would still only be suitable for 4, with one utilizing the the couch sleeper.

Thank you SO much for this valuable feedback!