New to hosting. Looking for advice on bedding/linens/sheets. Which company and cotton vs. microfibre?

in
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level 2

Hello All,

I am just beginning my journey with hosting and am looking for advice on the best sheets, linens, bedding options. I have looked high and low and get mixed reviews on so many items. 

I am torn between cotton vs. microfibre. 

I am in Canada and would ideally like to stick to Canadian products (mostly due to Covid and wait times on shipping)

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Our place is mid range in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. 

We hope to cater to a mix of families and travellers (we get a lot of traffic passing through the country) and possibly doctors in the winter who come up to work at the hospital.

Thank you so much everyone!

5 Replies

Re: New to hosting. Looking for advice on bedding/linens/sheets. Which company and cotton vs. microfibre?

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Chris13961  To each his own, but personally I wouldn't ever want to sleep on microfiber. It's also environmentally unsound- microfibres are showing up in water supplies. 

Re: New to hosting. Looking for advice on bedding/linens/sheets. Which company and cotton vs. microfibre?

in
Florence, Canada
Level 10

@Chris13961 , I'm the same as @Sarah977 on the microfibres -- go with (sustainably sourced) cotton and save the world. 🙂

You could do flannelette in winter (brrr, Thunder Bay!) as I do here. I find it lasts well. 

I think your closest Costco is something like Winnipeg, right? See what google says about it -- I just searched "sustainable cotton bedding Canada" and found some great-looking places. They may have some sales on. 

in
Mississippi Mills, Canada
Level 2

As a guest I 100% would not return if it was synthetic/microfibre linens. It’s bad for environment and uncomfortable. It’s not breathable, staticky and sweaty. Amazon, IKEA and Walmart have decent inexpensive cotton sheets. I also prefer duvet covers, because the larger bed spreads, comforters, quilts etc do not get washed. I’m the same for bnb and hotels. Hope that helps. Good luck with your hosting. I’m thinking about hosting as well. 

Level 2

Please take a look at Vrsupplies.ca

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Chris13961  I've ordered nice 100% sheets online and on sale from Hudson's Bay.