new host and property, critique my listing please

Answered!
Mike2733
Level 2
Paso Robles, CA

new host and property, critique my listing please

We are new to Airbnb like many others , we've had 2 guests 1st one trashed the place so we modified the listing to having to send Licence etc. to sort out party's , 2nd one was great , however I need more guests/bookings , take a look and send your critique that will help us improve bookings and or the property . It is a 6 bedroom 3 1/2 bath 4,100 sq/ft house in wine country Templeton Ca. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/29390837?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=6b81d2d8-64cd-44db-9fa4...

880 Tracy Way Templeton CA-large-019-021-Exterior  Front-1500x999-72dpi.jpg303083dcc711d16e1ec37acada1cb91e-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg880 hi def layout.jpg

8 Replies 8
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi and welcome to Airbnb!
Here's some pointers from me: 

All the initial images are all outside the house. I'd personally want to see some from the inside. This is what meets me, its pretty, but I'd rather see inside. And I don't personally need detailed images of the fossils in the kitchen work top. 

Solveig0_0-1659507203377.png

Its great that you've included a layout image, but you need to simplify the house layout. We - as guests - don't need the technical details, and its just confusing. Rooms, room names and walls are all that is needed. 

Thanks for the reply all good ideas !! I will implement then Asap house layout C-Model.png

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mike2733 Is bath2 a jack and Jill or is it only accessed from room 4?

jack and jill 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mike2733 Also some of the bedrooms appear to be closets. Is it legal in the USA to advertise a closet as a bedroom? Does it meet fire escape rules?

I fear you are trying to fit too many people into the space.

there is one converted  LARGE WIC , an extra door  is in process.  The drawing is hand drawn so it is not 100% accurate after looking at it 

@Mike2733  I have to agree with @Mike-And-Jane0  on this one. Cramming too many beds into a house to maximize the occupancy potential actually cheapens the home in the view of guests and makes the effect overall less luxurious. You have a formal dining room that can seat a maximum of 10 guests. I wouldn't dare rent that home to a group any larger than that.

Point well taken , we actually have a 2nd dining area that seats 4 , its not clear on the listing ! , I can dump the WIC near the entry , its only a single bed anyhow. 

I appreciate all the feedback guys and gals ! it really helps A lot.