Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

December 2020

Hello,

Here is the latest Pro-tools update:

Automate “standard” guest messages using personalized templates

A new scheduled messaging tool allows you to send personalized messages to guests after booking, before/after check-in, and before/after checkout. Select the ‘Scheduled Messaging’ folder from the Inbox’s left navigation pane on the Web or mobile app. Learn more.

See popular dates in Multicalendar

We’ve made it easier to understand which dates are popular so that you don’t miss out on bookings on dates when more travelers than usual are searching for stays. Click on the “Layers” button on the multi-calendar and make sure “Popular Dates” are enabled.

See “sandwich” nights in Multicalendar

If you have nights unintentionally blocked due to your minimum length of stay settings, we’ve made them easier to see on the calendar and added the ability to temporarily lower the minimum length of stay rules for those nights. These will show up automatically on the multi-calendar.

Filter by opportunity type in the Opportunity Hub

To make it easier to focus on specific types of opportunities, we’ve added opportunity filters to focus on specific goals. Select a filter under ‘Ways to improve your business’ on the Performance tab on the Web or mobile app.

List of Listings design update

To make it easier to navigate between the List of Listings page and Manage Your Space pages without losing track of your workflow, we’ve embedded the Manage Your Space experience inside the List of Listings page. It’s now easier to navigate between listings without losing context. Click ‘Listings’ from the top menu on the Web.

Account Activity Log

To make it easier to tell when settings were updated, and by whom if you host with a team, we’ve added an activity log that shows key changes to your listings and account. Click ‘Activity’ from your profile menu on the Web.

Airbnb support folder in Inbox

To make it easier to find conversations with Airbnb support from the Inbox, we’ve added a dedicated “Airbnb Support” folder that collects all support conversations in a single place. Select the ‘Airbnb Support’ folder from the Inbox’s left navigation pane on the Web or mobile app.

Let us know below if you have used any of these features and/or if you have any feedback. 

Scott

23 Replies 23

@Ann72 Still doesn't work. It defaults back to "Unavailable based on preparation time settings" no matter how many times I click save or refresh.  😢

@Emilia42  Ugh, don't like!!!  I just tried it again and it worked.  That's so frustrating you're having trouble with it.  What browser do you use and is it the most recent version?

Patricia2834
Level 2
Marietta, OH

I just discovered these new tools.  I want to say how much I love the standard messaging tool.  I have fat thumb syndrome and this makes it so much easier to send the complex directions to my apartment.  I will definitely be teaching myself how to use the other tools.  Thank you

Beatrice258
Level 2
New Zealand

Hi we use this tool it is very good. The one thing we would like added is the way of sending the information that is scheduled for that day manually if guest's book the same day as checking in.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Oh, thank you for letting me know how to turn off "popular dates" it's totally useless distraction.

Is it also possible to turn off the mandatory color pickup for every single rule set I want to apply?  I don't need that and it's just one more click I have to do ( + 18 other clicks for each rule set) . I already have carpal tunnel syndrome, no need to make it worse. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/RULE-SET-FRUSTRATIONS/m-p/1037016

@Scott 

Benny28
Level 2
Bruges, Belgium

Dear Scott, 

the automated messages are a wonderful tool... though having visitors from all over the world in different languages that we offer... it is very confusing.  We need your help!

When our guests make the reservation, we send an automated message after 5 minutes.  So far so good.   Though we have templates in Dutch (our language), French, German and English.   As we speak it all (and coming soon Italian and Spanish).    Though the guests receive all automated messages  - so a message in 4 languages ?! This should be in 1 language only, in their  preferred language!!

Why does Airbnb not make the intelligent move to select the correct language?
Our guests are now receiving the automatic confirmation in all available 4 languages.
This way of sending all messages to my guests, is very confusing for our guests, and not ideal for a super host. Some of the guests already cancelled... due to this ?   I am not sure, but it is not ideal.

Hope AirBnB will find a solution.   On other OTA platforms (such as Booking) this automated messages are also introduced a while ago, but the language is automatically adapted to the native language of the guest.  And if  the language is not there, then automatically English is send (and to all languages available as in AirBnB).

I have tried to contact the help desk of AirBnB, but i only get information how to make an automated message, and not a answer to my questions.  It is already more than 3 days ago with an answer.

Thank you for your quick reply and solution

friendly greetings
Benny from Bruges

Hi @Benny28 thank you for bringing this up!  We agree this can and should be improved, but unfortunately I don't have a timeline to share right now.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now.  I agree sending 4 messages in 4 languages is a poor guest experience, so you might consider how to either combine the messages into one if they're short, or not using scheduled messaging for those messages until we can improve this for you.

Thank you Scott for the honest and quick update.   I rather have an answer which is not satisfying than none.  Now I know there is no solution yet for all European countries working with all kind of languages and cultures visiting us.    

Still if I my suggest, a temporary solution would be, to have those standard messages in the different languages in different templates, which  we can pick at our own time frame to send to the guest after the reservation.  Now these automated messages in different languages are only possible to use if you schedule a time frame.  You can not choose them without the time frame.   

Having those templates In the quick answers on AirBnB, could be a possibility.  This way we can choose those confirmations  or check-in templates in the different languages and send them to the guests whenever we like!

Would that be easier to improve in short notice for AirBnB ?

friendly greetings

Benny

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott I am trying to get cleverer on my pricing using rulesets. My frustration is I cannot see the rulesets except on the multi calendar. Equally I can only see what a guest pays for a particular set of dates on the other calendar.

Would it be possible (or am I doing something wrong) to see what rulesets are being applied on the individual listing calendar?

Receive regular updates on Airbnb’s professional hosting tools.