A request for a booking from a guest that has 1 stay and zero reviews and has been on airbnb since 2015

Answered!
Danielle1594
Level 2
San Diego, CA

A request for a booking from a guest that has 1 stay and zero reviews and has been on airbnb since 2015

Hello!  

We just received a request for a couple and their 2 dogs to book for Thanksgiving.  They have 1 stay since 2015 and no reviews.  What are questions I can ask to feel more comfortable accepting?  Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Danielle1594 First, I love your cabin, it is so cute. I go to Big Bear a lot to snowboard; I am definitely adding you to my wish list. 

But back to the topic at hand, I get a lot of newbies or guest with stays but no reviews. I usually send the following into/questions:

Hi XXX, thank you so much for choosing our/my place/cabin for your holiday, we look forward to the possibility of hosting you. Could you please tell me a little bit about yourself and what brings you to the area for Thanksgiving?

Typically, guest traveling over holidays are visiting family or just looking for a getaway for themselves.  Knowing what brings them to the area will give you a clearer picture of what to expect. If they are visiting family or from the area originally, you can be mindful of weather you allow extra guest to visit, as this often comes up.  If they are just traveling for leisure, you might expect them to be out and about exploring or doing activities. I would also confirm the number of guests, given that you have a two bedroom and allow up to 6 people. 

Guest that are legitimate typically have no issues with engaging in conversation or answering questions. As you ask and they answer I am sure you will get a better feel/read on them. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Danielle1594 First, I love your cabin, it is so cute. I go to Big Bear a lot to snowboard; I am definitely adding you to my wish list. 

But back to the topic at hand, I get a lot of newbies or guest with stays but no reviews. I usually send the following into/questions:

Hi XXX, thank you so much for choosing our/my place/cabin for your holiday, we look forward to the possibility of hosting you. Could you please tell me a little bit about yourself and what brings you to the area for Thanksgiving?

Typically, guest traveling over holidays are visiting family or just looking for a getaway for themselves.  Knowing what brings them to the area will give you a clearer picture of what to expect. If they are visiting family or from the area originally, you can be mindful of weather you allow extra guest to visit, as this often comes up.  If they are just traveling for leisure, you might expect them to be out and about exploring or doing activities. I would also confirm the number of guests, given that you have a two bedroom and allow up to 6 people. 

Guest that are legitimate typically have no issues with engaging in conversation or answering questions. As you ask and they answer I am sure you will get a better feel/read on them. 

Awe, thank you for that @Jennifer1897 .  Reach out anytime.  Our IG page is Sierra_at_bigbear also for more pics etc. They included a message that is just the couple and the pups: Hi Danielle! I'll be visiting with my boyfriend and our 2 fur babies for Thanksgiving. We live in San Diego and got a few days off work for the holiday so we decided to spend it in Big Bear!

So, I'm not sure how to poke for more information.  Also, we were recently scared a little by some guests who were told to leave early by airbnb and are no longer on the platform because of their actions.  So I am being extra cautious now. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Danielle1594! How did you proceed with the request in the end? Did you accept the reservation or manage to ask a few more questions to know more about the guests?

Keep us posted on how it's going for you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

They sound like infrequent guests, booking only once in 8 years and thus is understandable they do not have even a review. We get a ton of new people to Airbnb, we go by their - personality. If they are personable we always take a chance.

I hear you on presently being gun shy after your most unpleasant encounter.