Additional Guest Fees During a Stay?

Andy48
Level 3
Denver, CO

Additional Guest Fees During a Stay?

Hello!  I have a guest requesting to increase their number of guests from 2 to 4 during their stay.  My list price is the same for 2 or 4 guests, but can I charge them an additional cost since they are adding guests after the initial reservation was made?  

The listing allows up to 8 people, we charge an additional guest fee for 5 to 8 guests.

4 Replies 4
Milagros163
Level 2
New Haven, CT

I think you should charge them for extra guests.  They will be using your electricity and water not only sleeping. Remember that.

Thankyou mam

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Andy48 

Bad news, but I don't think it's a good idea. How will you justify the extra charges to the guest if they can clearly see that you charge the same fee for 2 to 4 guests? If they had booked for 4 guests from the start, the price would have been the one they're already paying ...

Do keep in mind that the guest gets to review you on the accuracy of your listing (which includes the prices displayed) and value for money.

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Andy48 ,

If there’s no price difference between 2 and 4 guests, then there’s no need to charge extra. The only exception would be if you have to pay a per-person tourist tax, as is required in some places. In that case, I would charge the tax plus a little extra to cover the additional effort.