Air bnb delaying my refund

Air bnb delaying my refund

I left a superhosts accommodation after sleeping there overnight after a 6 hr journey. We left as the host upon arrival said they had damp. The listing was also untrue and listed incorrectly. Prior to booking we messaged the host several times regarding the suitability for our elderly arthritic dog. Again the house was completely unsuitable. We spike to the host the nxt day to say we couldn't stay due to thr damp and living accommodation issues. Air bnb keep promising me a half refund but it never happens and they keep delaying the date. I have asked to speak to a supervisor but they never call. How can I escalate this please? 

5 Replies 5
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Teresa2370 😊

I am sorry about what happened to you!

How is the situation now? Did you reach out to the customer support team?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Elisa 

I don't think a reservation was made under this profile.

My profile is Teresa I've been on airbnb for 9 years. I couldn't find the community support within the app so I wrote this through a Web search. 

Yes I have several times which is causing me a lot of stress. We called them the day we left the property. They arranged a refund but we never receive it, they keep saying they'll look into it and then push the date back. We spoke to the host who claims he's never heard from them and that he agreed to refund half if we didn't give him a bad review!! We had a message yesterday saying the money will now be with us in 8 to 10 days but this keeps happening and we never get the money. We never get to speak to anyone either and are always told a supervisor will call and they don't. 

Hi @Teresa2370 😊,

Thank you very much for letting me know!

If they sent you a message yesterday, the best thing to do is to see if you receive the refund in 10 days.

Don't hesitate to let me know here! 

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center