Airbnb booked 2 rentals at a higher price

Airbnb booked 2 rentals at a higher price

I list for $750 usd. But the info I received at booking says one guest was charged $850 and the other $921. I’m not complaining about extra money, but I don’t know if the guests were actually charged the higher price & they knowingly rented at this price or if they both got the $750 price and it’s an anomaly on my end - or if they were charged the higher prices and neither has noticed it yet?! I can’t tell from my calendar if I mistakingly had an incorrect price written since the guest’s name now occupies that spot. But I doubt that’s the case, as it would be beyond a coincidence.

I don’t want to be accused of financial hanky panky. I also didn’t want to alert the guest of this (yet) lest they think I’m trying to take advantage of them. Thank you in advance!!!

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Barbara3565 

You can click the reservation and scroll down. It shows full calculations for "guest paid' and " host payout".

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Barbara3565 😊

Have you managed to find this information elsewhere?

@Shelley159 shared a great comment here!

Let us know if this helps! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi @Elisa  & @Shelley159  ,

Thank you both for your replies! I now know this is not a normal situation (per your replies).

• Yes, the payout on the reservations were $100 and $200 more than I listed
  • Could this be some sort of scam?
  • While I don’t mind getting paid extra, I also don’t want to be accused of secretly jacking up the price on a reservation.
  • I wondered if there was an AI mechanism that bumped the price up automatically when it is a high demand occasion, as both of the dates are? (I kind of doubt that though)
  • Does Airbnb have a customer service phone number?
  • I was thinking of messaging each customer and saying, “thank you for your reservation at the *****! Please look over your reservation to confirm everything is in order. I look forward to providing you with a great Airbnb experience from booking to check out!“

Thanks!

@Barbara3565,

Do you have dynamic pricing on? If so it varies the amounts depending on events that are happening in your city, demand, etc. You can set your min and max daily rate but the dynamic pricing will fluctuate - usually higher on weekends and lower on mid weekdays. 

Airbnb does have a customer service number, here are two I have:

1) For urgent matters call 415-800-5959
2) 844-234-2500 toll free US English only