Airbnb fake token support of host, ambiguous and without accountability.

Airbnb fake token support of host, ambiguous and without accountability.

Has anyone else received this ridiculous message?

Airbnb will share in the costs of COVID-19 cancellations
Even though your guest canceled under the extenuating circumstances policy, we want to support you in these tough times with a payment from our coronavirus emergency support fund—it should arrive in your account within 4 weeks.

No amount mentioned???? This reservation was about $2000.00. According to my cancelation policy I would have seen $1000.00.

Has anyone received any payouts on this kind of thing?

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 9.12.38 PM.png

27 Replies 27

@Ute42

Well I'll be sticking to my own basic primary school method, that's for sure! Smarter people than me can play around with all that other complicated stuff 😉

@Susan17 

You need the 0.50 to get to the 1/8th of nightly rate x number of nights.

Susan, relax, think about it till tomorrow. There's no need to rush anything.

Lol. Nope. Still not grasping it. I give up! I could never do a bloody Rubik's cube either.. 

@Mika8 

Kannst du dir bitte mal die Unterhaltung zwischen Susan und mir durchlesen und ihr erklären wie das geht?

@Susan17 

I have just asked Mika in Switzerland to explain the situation to You. She's a biologist and the leading expert for mathematics in the german CC.

Oh wait, I think I get it now! I'm still just going to stick to dividing by 8, and then working out the 3% though - all those other numbers are giving me brain freeze! Pleeease don't make me have any more maths lessons @Ute42! 😂

@Susan17 

Yes, You've got it now, after having kept me awake half an hour in the middle of the night.

You know what You are!

5 letter word, beginning with B, and ending with H..?? 😏

May I point out the absurdity of needing a mathematics expert to understand our payouts. 

.. and that's only the relatively easy ones, @Maria481! We'd need Einstein to figure out all the reasons Airbnb has concocted for all the missing payouts that have been mysteriously excluded from the scheme! 

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

@Ute42 @Susan17 

Both formulas ar correct ...

(nightly rate) x (# of nights) x 0.97 x 0.25

works with strict cancellation policy and a cancellation less then 7 days befor check-in or accordingly with moderat or flexible with cancellation on the day of check-in (or probably earlier by moderate) ... when you normally get paid in full.

(nightly rate) x (# of nights) x 0.97 x 0.50 x 0.25 

works, when the cancellation is more upfront and the amount received would be only 50 % (normally).

the 0.97 is what you get normally -> 97 % of the booking (3 % for airbnb)

0.50 -> 50 %

0.25 -> 25 %

0.50 * 0.25 = 0.125 -> 12.5 % .. what we get now (if)

12.5 % = 1/8 of 100 %

... or you could take the amount of the mail with the booking conformation, take away your cleaning fees and then take 1/8 of that.

... but I stall on the 5 letter word  : D

Aaaaah! Thank you so much, @Mika8!  You're a much better teacher than @Ute42 - that one has no patience!

Now I totally get it! I was sooo confused because the person who gave me the formula I put down originally is a bit of a maths whizz, but it didn't even occur to me that it was the full 25% formula I had, rather than the 12.5% one.

Best if I just stick to words in future, and leave the figures to Ute! Both of us are banned from using the 5 letter word on here though, it gets bleeped out whenever we use it 😉

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Mika8   ,

thank you for being helpful with this math-problem. I can only tell you that I'm having a lot of headaches with this @Susan17   in Dublin. Nothing specific, every time it's something new which causes problems.

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

..ok @Ute42  .. I got it  : DD