Are you having a busy hosting season?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Are you having a busy hosting season?

Vacation2.png

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

As summer approaches in one half of the world and winter arrives in the other, students and families are taking time off, which could create a peak season in different regions. With this in mind, we would like to ask: Are you having a busy hosting season? If so, could you please share your top three strategies to stand out this season?

Your insights will help inspire Hosts who might be facing a slower season in terms of bookings. We look forward to reading about your experiences.

Thank you ๐ŸŒŸ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

56 Replies 56
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Garry155, thank you so much for sharing your experience, and congratulations on a successful start! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Do you have any tips for new Hosts to help them get off to a great start? Also, is this currently the peak season in your area, or when is it?

Best regards ๐ŸŒŸ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Debra699
Level 3
Decatur, GA

My listing is near Asheville, NC. and has been doing well this season. Higher revenue than last year, and right now about 50 % occupancy from 7/1-8/31 and I expect another 25% from last-minute bookings. I've had to lower prices with promotions to get the last-minute reservations.

htttp:www.airbnb.com/h/thehollyhaven 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Debra699, thank you so much for sharing this with us. It's wonderful to hear that you're achieving better results than last year. Do you think this improvement is due to the discounts youโ€™re currently offering? Have you added any new amenities that are attracting more guests?

Looking forward to hearing from you ๐ŸŒŸ

-----

Our first year hosting and would say yes we have been fairly busy. About 70% booked

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ifijen-And-Efe0 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Those are fantastic results for your first year of hosting! Congratulations!๐ŸŽ‰ What strategies have you implemented? Is there anything thatโ€™s working exceptionally well for you that youโ€™d like to share with our Host community?

Keep us posted!

-----

not sure anything particular. Our Airbnb is in the city of Akron Ohio and so not particularly a tourist destination and so not really affected by seasonality as I assume some other places would be. With a really nice property not really hard to stand out from the rest I think. We keep our prices competitive as well. Itโ€™s really just a side gig and more for long term investment than for cash flow and weโ€™re just having fun doing it.

Despina46
Level 2
Larnaca, Cyprus

Not with Airbnb for the last 3 years. Why?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Despina46, thank you for sharing your experience in our community. 

A wonderful idea for situations like these is to start a ๐Ÿ‘‰'critique my listing' thread. Our experienced Hosts can offer valuable insights on how to improve your listing and increase your chances of receiving more bookings.

I hope this helps.

-----

David3400
Level 2
Sebastian, FL

I got out of the business altogether.  too much competition, everyone and their dog is renting anything and everything, overhead too high and cannot make a dollar doing it. 

Greg2370
Level 2
Lake in the Hills, IL

Hi, Yes having a pretty good season. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Amazing, @Greg2370 thank you so much for sharing this ๐Ÿ˜Š

What strategies have you implemented that you think really worked and are helping to keep your place booked?

Please keep us posted!

-----

Greg2370
Level 2
Lake in the Hills, IL

I would say communication and asking the right questions to screen potential guests as to avoiding problems . Not getting โ€œblindedโ€ by the money. Good screening leads to good guests, leading to good reviews,  leading to more bookings.

Yes. All my weekends are booked through beginning of September. I charge more for weekends and added a cleaning fee because 2-3 day trips needed the same cleaning time and precluded longer trips. Most of June and July were completely booked & weekends through Sept.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Elyce1, it's great to hear that you're having a busy season! Are you planning to implement any new strategies to increase your weekday bookings?

We'd love to hear more. Keep us posted! ๐ŸŒŸ

-----

House-For-Rent0
Level 2
Dipolog City, Philippines

Not busy this month, I only have one booking for the month of July๐Ÿฅน