Are you having a busy hosting season?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Are you having a busy hosting season?

Vacation2.png

Hello everyone 👋

As summer approaches in one half of the world and winter arrives in the other, students and families are taking time off, which could create a peak season in different regions. With this in mind, we would like to ask: Are you having a busy hosting season? If so, could you please share your top three strategies to stand out this season?

Your insights will help inspire Hosts who might be facing a slower season in terms of bookings. We look forward to reading about your experiences.

Thank you 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

56 Replies 56
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @House-For-Rent0,

I'm sorry to hear about that. What do you think might be causing the issue? Have you considered starting a 👉critique listing thread in our community to gather advice from our experienced Hosts on how to enhance your listing and attract more bookings?

It would be great to see you start your critique listing thread.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

House-For-Rent0
Level 2
Dipolog City, Philippines

Good day, I don't know about critique listing I don't know how to do that.

Dottie21
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Very busy. Minneapolis, Minnesota

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dottie21, that's wonderful to hear! Are you receiving bookings for both weekends and weekdays? Some of our Hosts have expressed concerns about not having many weekday bookings. Would you mind sharing some of your strategies? 😃

We look forward to learning from your experience 🌟

-----

My bookings are mainly from Friday to Monday. The other days are pretty much with no bookings.

Delores13
Level 2
Amherst, VA

Hi! It has bern very slow for me! Most of my weekends get booked nut not so much during the week. End of July - Middle of August is full so it's very sporadic! Any suggestions? I am in Amherst, VA

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Delores13, thank you for participating in this thread.

Have you considered implementing any strategies to attract more guests during weekdays? I highly recommend starting a 👉new conversation in our community to gain more visibility and ask our Hosts to share their ideas.

This way, you can gather a wealth of excellent suggestions 🌟

-----

I have tried some promotions,  redoing photos, and several things like that and got a few more bookings right after which was helpful! 

Görkem11
Level 2
İzmir, Türkiye

Hello 

Last month was healthier because of the holiday, but this month has just started and we are waiting, let's see if it will happen, thank you.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Görkem11, thank you for sharing this! How far in advance do your guests typically book your place? Do they book weeks or months ahead, or are most of your bookings more last-minute?

Looking forward to hearing from you 🌟

-----

Hans797
Level 2
Okotoks, Canada

Good morning, Paula. 

This is our first year as Airbnb hosts and we have been overrun (in the best sense of the word) with inquiries and bookings. 

In fact, most of June, all of July and August, as well as the beginning of September were booked within eight weeks of activating our listing. This exceeded our wildest expectations. 

We are now receiving inquiries and bookings for next year. Absolutely amazing. The income has also been remarkable and is securing and guaranteeing us an incredibly luxurious retirement. Again, well beyond our expectations.  We wish we would have used Airbnb fifteen years ago when we purchased our beachfront lake house. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Hans797 😊,  Wow, that's amazing 👏! Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

We’d love to hear about the strategies you’ve implemented for such a successful start. Could you share the top three strategies that have worked for you?

We look forward to learning from you 🌟

-----

1.  Frequent, friendly, respectful and, most importantly, personalized communication. I avoid using canned responses. Guests deserve the personal touch. 

2. When issues arise, honesty is the best policy especially when the host has made an error. Don't sugarcoat.

It's disrespectful and patronizing. 

3. Ensure that all aspects of the property are ALWAYS squeaky clean, tidy, organized and the way you would expect a high-end five star hotel to be. 

4. Make certain that the amenities you have listed are actually available. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much for sharing this, @Hans797. It is very insightful 😊

-----

Kim3966
Level 2
Granite City, IL

We have had a steady stream of guests this year. Being close to St Louis and all the attractions nearby has been a big plus. We are requiring a four night minimum and guest seem to be fine with a longer stay. Our homes have an activity book for guests to share experiences and we enjoy reading about what our guests have been up to while in town.

Great experience with AirBnB.