How is your hosting season going?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

How is your hosting season going?

Vacation2.png

Hello everyone 👋

As summer approaches in one half of the world and winter arrives in the other, students and families are taking time off, which could create a peak season in different regions. With this in mind, we would like to ask: Are you having a busy hosting season? If so, could you please share your top three strategies to stand out this season?

Your insights will help inspire Hosts who might be facing a slower season in terms of bookings. We look forward to reading about your experiences.

Thank you 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

71 Replies 71
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kim3966, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

How long have you been on Airbnb? Also, what are the top three strategies that have made your listing stand out?

Looking forward to your response 🌟!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

For me, it’s been slow here in North Central Florida, however I require a 21-day minimum stay.  Last year seemed better booking wise, but I remain hopeful.  😊

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kelly1984, thank you for sharing this. Were you offering long stays last year as well? Do you think that could be the reason for the decrease in bookings this year? Are you considering offering shorter stays?

Keep us posted!

-----

Yes I have traditionally used my unit as corporate housing/executive housing targeting & catering to those relocating to the area, or those needing an extended stay of 21+ days.   We did great last year & were at 95%.  Same this year, until June hit.  

Can I asked why such a long minimum stay requirement?

Kathleen13
Level 2
Carmichael, CA

Not near as busy as I used to be.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  My ratings are still high.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kathleen13,  I'm sorry to hear about that. What do you think might be causing the issue? Have you considered starting a 👉critique listing thread in our community to gather advice from our experienced Hosts on how to enhance your listing and attract more bookings?

It would be great to see you start your critique listing thread.

I hope this helps 🙏

-----

I used to have a lot of bookings - summer & winter.  We keep it updated and stocked.  Nothing has changed on our end.  I think it is the 14% county fee that used to be 3.5% - huge increase.

Linda553
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

Hi,

I would say my bookings are steady rather than busy! I was away in June and will be away in August so I block off those days. My guest suite is part of my home so I only accept bookings when I’m here. I tend to get people coming to this area to visit family and friends or to attend a special event. I do have a lot of repeat visitors which is very satisfying!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Linda553 😊

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

If you could share one strategy with new Hosts on how to start getting more bookings, what would it be?

Best regards,

-----

Having professional looking photos done by a professional!!! I was offered the services of one which I accepted. She took lots of photos which are much better than my original ones that I hadn’t updated for years! 
Glowing reviews also help…!!!

May and June was very slow in my region. I am praying for a better July for us all. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Karissa31.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

When is the peak season in your region? How does this season compare to last year’s?

Best regards,

-----

Elias276
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi!

My properties are located in Dubai, where the busy season timing is a bit different from other places. While many hosts experience peak activity during the summer, it’s actually our low season here due to the extreme heat.

I’ve tried several strategies to boost bookings during this period, such as lowering prices and posting promotional videos, but these efforts haven’t been very effective.

As a result, I’ve learned to embrace the slower summer months and use this time to focus on improving my property. I make all necessary renovations and fixes to ensure everything is perfect for the tourist season, which typically picks up from late September to early October.

I hope this gives you some insight into the seasonality we experience here.

Best regards,
Elias

han bajado mucho las reservas