Bad guests

Stacey438
Level 1
Wigan, United Kingdom

Bad guests

Afternoon, just looking for a little advice please. I'm pretty new to this, just 2 months in but made up I've got super host already with 18 5* reviews and a 4* (due to downstairs bathroom). 

Had a booking made in June for last night 6 guests, I can honestly can say I had a funny feeling about it when cleaning so I went around and filmed after I had finished.

I messaged guests to say they where free to check in. 6 hrs later still no reply so messaged again for them to reply at 8pm saying they had arrived. 

When I got to the house at 11 this morning guests were going in and out to the car so thought I would give 1/2 grace and just waited in my car. That's when I saw the first problem as there was 7 not 6 adults! ( I have 3 double beds and state it's only a 6 person occupancy)

After they left and I entered it was like a bomb site, the childrens bedding I have for the travel cot down stairs on the sofa. Glasses and cups every,  dirty plates with food still on piles high on the kitchen side. Used bowls on the floor. Lots of empty alcohol bottles. Big trays of food left in fridge. The bathroom was a mess and there was food all over the floor and on the stairs.!!

The person who booked is a host!!! They have had 1 trip but no review so I'm now thinking that they may have done this before and know if I leave a review then they can then leave me a negative review which will then affect my ratings and take away superhost. Its shocking how they left the place and I have before and after pictures but what do I do?

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Stacey438 If I were you I would

1) say nothing to the guest

2) leave them a review that honestly describes the state they left the place in

3) hope they leave a review within the 14 day period (they cannot see your review until they do)

4) after they have left a review consider claiming for the extra cleaning