Bullying from Airbnb and a dictator for online booking platform

Kazi2
Level 2
Summerland Key, FL

Bullying from Airbnb and a dictator for online booking platform

I have been renting my property for last 10+ years with Tripadvisor, Homeaway, Airbnb and other booking online platform and have a highest satisfactory reviews from the guests. Recently a guest complained to airbnb with some safety issues with electrical cables lying here and there.

Airbnb told us to refund the guests money back by saying the guest sent pictures and prove.

When I asked airbnb to share with us the pictures, or the prove they have, so we can make sure such safety issues is taken care for our future guests, but airbnb did not but kept insisting that they made a decision so we must refund their money, and in same time the pressure, receiving emails and phone calls from various account manager, senior account manager with various tactful unethical, and distorted messages.

The guest were satisfied and happy when they went through the house inspection with our Manager prior of their check in, as we give a tour with the guests and make sure everything is alright and in good condition. They were happy and satisfied with our property during their tour, stayed over night, cooked and used everything on the property and in the house. They did not call us, neither told us with any issues but later they said to airbnb they had issues.

Airbnb told us they will deduct money from our next booking payout, if we don't refund. Even though, we kept asking them to come to a fair resolution, we tried every single way to work with airbnb, asked them to provide us with the proves what guests provided, as we know and it is very much likely that the guest made up some untrue and fake stories as we have one of the most safety compliance properties in Key West and we maintain all the relevant certificates but at the end I decided to cancel 21 reservations we had with airbnb, as we find airbnb is an unethical company, not a friendly, without business attitudes, conducting businesses with low class uneducated employees and very difficult to work with these people. These people have no respect, no understanding and no cooperation attitudes to work with small business owners, like us.

I did not refund, but canceled 21 upcoming reservations we had with airbnb, but most of the guests were happy to rebook with us outside airbnb. So at the end I kept the money, I got most of the bookings, and airbnb now is stuck with their bullies,  attitudes and their guest's money who canceled. I think I gave them a great lesson and you should too, if they bully you. Don't let these people or anyone take advantage of you, and don't be afraid to stand for yourself. 

0 Replies 0