Cancel

Karla381
Level 1
Gold Coast, Australia

Cancel

I don't have a refund policy in my Airbnb listing, but a guest is asking for a 50% refund after staying for one night. The reason they want to cancel is that they are unhappy with the suburb and the busyness bus in the the area. I offered to refund 25% as a goodwill gesture, even though I'm not required to, but the guest is still unhappy. I currently have a 4.9-star rating, and I'm concerned about receiving a bad review. Should I give them the 50% refund to avoid the negative review?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Karla381 Sadly you'll probably get the bad review anyway so don't let that affect your decision.

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Karla381 , I’m afraid @Mike-And-Jane0 , is correct. Whether or not you give decide to refund your past guest, they will most likely leave a less than 5 star review. Does your listing mention the possibility of bus noise? I see you do mention there is a bus stop not far from your location but not sire if the noise of buses throughout the day is loud enough to bother potential guest. I supply my guest(s) individually wrapped disposable ear plugs as some of my guest(s) might be light sleepers. This might be an option moving forward.

Best—

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Karla381,

Thanks for posting in our community.

Our Hosts have shared their opinions. Have you had the chance to read them? What ended up happening with this guest?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad