Customer reviews

Caroline1229
Level 1
Kilbeheny, Ireland

Customer reviews

Dear Airbnb Support Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my concern regarding a recent 4-star review I received, which I believe to be unjust and incorrect. As a dedicated Superhost with 99% of my reviews being 5 stars, this review has come as quite a shock and is causing me significant distress.

The review in question highlighted three main issues:

1. Communication: The guest mentioned that my communication was not fluid. However, I met with them three times during their three-night stay and consistently communicated in a friendly and open manner, regularly checking if they needed anything. I believe I provided exemplary communication throughout their stay.

2. Kitchen Facilities: The guest expressed disappointment with the kitchen facilities. My listing clearly states that the kitchen area does not include a cooker but is equipped with a microwave, air fryer, egg cooker, and other amenities. The facilities provided match the description exactly, and I ensure all potential guests are aware of this before booking.

3. Cleanliness: The guest mentioned finding a cobweb and thus rated the cleanliness lower. I maintain my apartment to the highest standards of cleanliness, and I would need to see a photo of the cobweb they mentioned. My cleaning routine is thorough, covering ceilings, lights, walls, and all other areas.

I have addressed these issues openly in my reply to the guest's review, but I feel this 4-star rating is an unfair representation of my hosting standards. I take immense pride in maintaining a top-quality experience for all my guests, and this rating could impact my standing as a Superhost.

Could you please advise on the steps I can take to have this review reassessed or removed? Your support in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Best regards,

Caroline

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Caroline1229 

I have read the review and I don't think Airbnb will find any grounds to have it removed - it simply reflects that particular guest's views. It's always unpleasant to get a negative review (in this case it's only slightly negative), but this does happen to all of us. You already have kitchen equipment and curtains, and you couldn't find the spider web. So just think over it one more time (was there anything I could reasonably have improved to get a better review?) and if there isn't, just put it behind you and move on. This is going to happen from time to time, it will get buried behind more recent reviews soon!

Shelly, thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I needed to hear your reply, it has helped " calm" my over thinking mind today. I will concentrate on the positives....thank you again. Regards Caroline