Deceptive information policies amount to theft

Deceptive information policies amount to theft

I made a reservation to extend at this airbnb – then paid - next screen said:

“The price doubled,” and presented the numbers. There was a big CANCEL button.

Question 1: Why did Airbnb wait until after I paid to inform me the price had doubled?

Question 2: The “No-refunds” policy was not prominently displayed before I paid. Why not? Only after I paid was it displayed prominently.  Why?

Question: 3 Why was the CANCEL function button so prominently displayed after paying if the customer knew about the no-refunds policy? Stealing money from the elderly? Shame on Airbnb.

I consider that highly deceptive amounting to theft. 10 minutes or so later I was told all rooms where I had booked were reserved exactly on the day I needed to renew my booking, forcing me to move. So, I was robbed and lost my place to live. How much total cost? Unbelievable. I am shocked and horrified. How many people end up homeless and starving on the street because of cold-blooded thieves like Airbnb?

Airbnb will be last on my list for use in finding rentals. I tried calling all options they presented to try to deal with this. The only human I talked with said there was no Airbnb at my location. I find that hard to believe. One number presented that in desperation I called for help to try to get some my money back turned out to be in Indonesia, while I am in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. No other number of chat function worked.  

The experience made 24 hours of my life into a nightmare.

I sometimes write and publish ed/op and news analysis articles that are not always supportive of the political party in power in the USA and I have investigated political corruption, e.g. politicians that clearly cross the line between lobbying (using shell companies to receive money) and their duties as politicians; e.g. profiting from the wars they advocate and vote for. I strongly suspect Airbnb is used as a means of political revenge, as is PayPal and some, but not all other US  corporate entities.

I lost a months rent at double the initial rate. I lost a day of activities I had planned. I will lose another day moving. I lost the money needed to move again. I lost the money for the phone call to Indonesia. The manager lady here said she knows nothing about that and the rate is entirely determined by Airbnb. I consider Airbnb's method of communicating highly deceptive. I called the manager lady here and asked if any room was available. “No,” she said “All are rented,” on the dates I needed. Strange, strange. In such a short time, all suddenly booked up in 10 minutes after I cancelled. Unbelievable. They’ve been empty (except for one) for a about week. Add those coincidences robbing me of my limited income as I am retired, to the growing list of other coincidences, and Airbnb stinks like a fetid swamp. Shame on the cruel policies and deceptive communications of Airbnb.

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Gregory581 if you really paid one amount and then the price doubled then refer the matter to your bank. I suspect all is not quite as reported as the cancellation policy is made very clear before booking as is the amount being charged.