Decline in resolution time.

Nakeisha1
Level 2
Missouri City, TX

Decline in resolution time.

I have been a host for over 2 years, and thankfully have only had a handful of issues that I needed Airbnb to get involved with. I was always satisfied with the resolution process, but lately it has waned. I submitted a request for 20.00 for ruined sheet 7 days ago and it still hasn't be resolved. I went to check my inbox and they just close it without giving the host time to reply. It's not like I am sitting at my desk with my inbox opened waiting for them to email me. It's absurd.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nakeisha1 I really feel that Airbnb should have a deductible for claims. I am sorry but a $20 sheet should not be covered in my opinion. Also have you followed the process precisely? Was the guest requested to pay? Was an original receipt for the damaged sheet supplied? 

Anyway I agree it is absurd - As is your claim.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but I definitely disagree. Normal wear and tear is part of the business, but if someone comes into my home and destroys something, they will have to replace it. I run a business not a charity.

@Nakeisha1 

Sorry to learn that a good sheet got ruined.  Sheets & towels get hard use and serve on the front lines in my place. I keep extras of everything in my storage closet. For me, an occasional ruined linen is part of the cost of doing business.