Declining a guest with no reviews

Ashley882
Level 2
Haliburton, Canada

Declining a guest with no reviews

Can you decline a guest, that has no reviews even though they have been a member for 4 years and there is no government id or profile pic, it was done in the middle of the night. I don’t feel right about it, but I’m not sure what to say to them 

31 Replies 31
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

I haven't had a bad experience with newbies.  All guests regardless of their online profile, I disclose  II  need  to view  their  legal ID that matches  the Airbnb name  making the reservation.  I  also  disclose since my max is two people  I do  not accept  just a Guest Everyone staying  at the house mut  be named and  verified.  For me this  has eliminated  the potential scammers, no not everyone is a perfect  guest  but  I  have had  just  minor issues

Carey124
Level 2
Kenwood, CA

I have the same question. all the responses on here sound like everyone thinks you should go on faith. we received a request at 2am, the name is one letter (J), nine years on airbnb, no reviews. our listing is a house that is very large on 5 acres but booking request is for 1 man & 1 dog.  I think its ok not to go out on a limb. first timers or new to airbnb is ok, but 9 years and zero reviews???  I think we need more guidence on how to decline respectfully and gracefully if need be.