Embarrasing - guest took all the towels!

Simon364
Level 4
Colchester, United Kingdom

Embarrasing - guest took all the towels!

Hi

Just had couple in from south of France, mum and daughter. (3 nights) She is getting her daughter ready for university

Anyway, that have been great guests, and we said our goodbyes this morning

When I went to clean the room, all of the towels are gone ! It four towels (2 pairs per person), and they were quite new and not cheap. so they probably come to one nights rental

What should I do ? I am sure it must have been a mistake (daughter packed towels thinking they were mums ..?)

I am still waiting for their review (Im a superhost, so need all those five stars!)

Should I say anything (they should still be in the town locally) , or just take it on the chin.

One idea i had was to wait until the reviews were in and then mention it -- and i think if it was a genuine mistake they would reimburse me

Many thanks for thoughts

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you just contact them and ask for them to return them or cover the cost of replacement? @Simon364 

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Send a message and say that you were cleaning the room and can't find the towels, @Simon364 . If they can please tell you were they put them? No accusations and giving the guests an oportunity to apologise if they took them by mistake. THEN you can agree on reimbursment/solution

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Simon364 

I agree with @Mariann4 . Contact them in a non-accusatory way asking if they could let you know where the towels are as you need to wash them for the next guests. You might as well do it sooner rather than later while there is still a chance for them to return the towels and that way you won't need to ask for reimbursement. 

@Mariann4 Very good and sensible idea. 

Simon364
Level 4
Colchester, United Kingdom

thanks for all your replies - all done, waiting response...