Escalation: Can't get any resolution on a booking issue

Weitse1
Level 1
Campbell, CA

Escalation: Can't get any resolution on a booking issue

We booked a trip in November for Christmas/New Year Holiday. On 11/18, the booking for 10 days was accepted by the host and Airbnb. Everything looks great!

It became a nightmare two weeks later. The host messaged us telling us that the property has a minimum 30 days requirement and he can't host us. Any other similar listings we saw on Airbnb is at least 75% more expensive now. We spoke with multiple Airbnb ambassadors and no one really tried to solve the problem for us.  The customer services cases were opened and closed mutliple times. We got promised several times that they will escalate this issue, but no one ever came back to us with a real solution. It seems Airbnb is expecting us to just cancel this and book a much more expensive listing on the platform, even though we didn't do anything wrong on our end.

We are really not sure how this can be resolved. Anyone has similar expereince?

3 Replies 3
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Weitse1,

Sorry to hear about this situation with your booking. Although this isn't a customer service forum, I did forward this information over to the relevant team and they got back to say they didn't see an open ticket with support. 

I know you've said you were in touch previously but if you contact them one more time over in the Help Center, they should be able to assist. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you, Breanna!

This reservation was under my wife's account. That's probably why you could't locate the ticket. I do have a ticket number from them. Should I share it with you in private?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If the host can't host you they need to cancel the booking not you as the guest @Weitse1