False Damage Claims from Host

False Damage Claims from Host

This literally just happened to me and my mother. We left the place in perfect condition only to get notification from the host two weeks later stating we left a small stain on the couch that appears to be bleach! We traveled on an airplane from Colorado to Virginia, and didn't have any cleaning agents to cause any type of stains or we would have notified them of a damage immediately. Now they are charging us $248 for repair/replacement with a 6 year 5-Star streak...What the heck?! This is just so upsetting to have this happen for a quick visit to see family in a place we only slept in AFTER being out visiting family ALL DAY. I will NEVER trust anything associated with our host James & Brandon ** of the Cozy Cove ** again! We have rented full homes for a 14-person stay in the past from multiple hosts and have received nothing but positive ratings that we are respectful to all properties. SO ANGRY!!!

**[Identifiable information- Surname of a Host and address of listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines due to privacy concerns]

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Christopher2015 👋

Sorry to hear of your recent experience. Did you reach out to Airbnb Support about this? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Christopher2015  You can simply deny responsibility if you didn't do the damage. AirBnB cannot make you pay.