For Hosts: Any experience rebooking a guest with a credit from a trip they had previously canceled?

Dara155
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

For Hosts: Any experience rebooking a guest with a credit from a trip they had previously canceled?

I recently had a guest cancel their trip last minute, and as such they didn't get a refund. We mutually agreed to honor their credit for a future booking, which we're trying to coordinate now.

Anyone have experience or advice on how to make a new reservation, ensure we charge the right cleaning fee + taxes, but don't incur double the service fees?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dara155 you can't unless you just block nights in Airbnb and deal direct with the guest.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Dara155 I'd have them book through AirBnB again (request to book) and respond to them with a special offer that covers the credit they should have. I'm assuming that the amount they will need to pay should be fairly low to almost nothing. Since I think the lowest you can charge them is $10/night, you can offer to make up or refund anything over the original amount they paid. In my mind, it's worth the $10-25? dollars this might cost you. 

That way, you have an official reservation through AirBnB, your guests are happy, and you are protected. I'd happily give up that amount in profit for a solution that accommodates this situation. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Dara155 👋

This is a great question! Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines