Frustrated with new promotions system

Frustrated with new promotions system

Is anyone else frustrated with the changes to special promotions? In the past I am able to go in and edit a promotion. For example, I put on a 20% promotion and realized that I really only wanted 10% so I could go back in and edit or The other way around. Now you have no option. Once you put a special promotion on a date, you can either delete the promotion or let it ride. You cannot edit a special promotion anymore. I have messaged Airbnb and asked them to change this back so that we can make edits.  I accidentally put a 50% promotion and then realized after I set it. So I deleted the promotion and now I’m unable to put another promotion on for that same date. I find the new system. Very frustrating. 

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Catherine2511 ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the update.

Are you able to put another promotion for the same date now, after deleting the previous one?

Do keep us posted if it still doesn't work for you! If you will be able to share relevant screenshots, I can reach out for further advice to the tech teams.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No, once I delete a promotion the date becomes grayed out and a promotion cannot be added to that date.

@Catherine2511, I agree that it is utterly frustrating to see key features of the custom promotions disappear without letting hosts know about that upfront. 

I am facing the same issue like you, one has to wait at least one day until the dates are no longer grayed out so a new promotion with a new discount can be added. 

Like many hosts, I loved the concept of being able to adjust the %, in particular when it comes very close to an unbooked date or period. And in the past, one had the ability to make those adjustments promptly,  without delay and as often as deemed relevant. 

And it is not only the slider that went missing. @Bhumika fails to understand that whenever a day or period within a current promotion gets booked, it is no longer possible to just update the promotion with a different discount for the entire original period, but only separately (if at all) for the period prior to the booked dates within that period and for the period after those booked dates. How cumbersome! 

Ashley1116
Level 2
Portland, OR

I agree, especially without giving warning! This will affect my whole summer now, by far my busiest season. 

I found this tool to be one of the most useful as a host. It's truly unfortunate that you've hobbled it this way.

Could anyone please explain the reasoning behind this?