Guest cancels reservation through AirBnB after staying approximately a month and wants partial refund now no history of his stay to review him.

Philip3560
Level 2
La Crosse, WI

Guest cancels reservation through AirBnB after staying approximately a month and wants partial refund now no history of his stay to review him.

So this guest booked for a month.  Everything great through text and in person.  So the night before he's supposed to check out i get a message from airbnb that he cancelled his reservation and want partial refund he says because of a noisy neighbor.  I declined refund and now i cannot find his history of the stay to review him.  Has he found a glitch in the system that allowed him to cancel his stay after he has stayed there a month?

Loosing my faith in airbnb.

17 Replies 17

Hi @Marie8425  😊

Thank you for explaining all of this to me!

You are highly organized, and I am impressed. It’s definitely important for this job.

How do you handle situations where you don’t agree with a guest about the temperature in the bedroom?

Warm regards 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Elisa 

Actually I think by not making it something to battle at the begriming when it does come up it is not argumentative.  By saying we will discuss instead of giving the answer before the event happens creates the argument.  I am not turning my air conditioner to refrigerator because I declared I will lower the air.  We will discuss actually also says your comfort is important but not more important then my common sense.  So sometimes I will lower a degree or two, I bought a nice stand up fan, there is a ceiling fan and one time I had a person who wanted refrigerator, I found some stupid thing of a fan you can wear to sleep but it had an ice pack you put in the fan haha.  It wasn't an argument because both sides were respected.

@Marie8425 I see what you mean, and I think your approach of keeping the discussion open and flexible makes sense.

I wish you all the best in this experience! 

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center