Guest leaves 4 star review

Marilyn395
Level 2
Golden Lake, Canada

Guest leaves 4 star review

We have been hosting for 2 years and are Superhosts.  Up till September every single guest review was 5 Star.  Until one in September rated us 4 star for no reason that we know of. His written review was ok - short & sweet. There were no complaints, yet his less that 5 star has now brought our listing down to 4.98 average.  Question is: does this ever go away or change or does that less than perfect review stay on out Airbnb page forever?  

32 Replies 32
Danielle1086
Level 2
New York, NY

The rating system is complete trash. Your rating should be a calculation equally weighting score for each of the 5 categories to determine the overall rating for each guest. Making guest choose 1 overall rating and that being the only factor that influences your rating as a host is absurd. What happens over and over is 5 stars for everything but one area which is given a 4 and 4 stars overall rather than  what should be a 4.8.  @Airbnb you really need a better system here. It's a pretty simple formula. 

Leigh432
Level 2
San Diego, CA

@Marilyn395 I am wondering if we can request a review be taken out of the average if information was incorrect.  I just got a 3 out of 5 in one category.   The guest cited confusing instructions.  I pointed her to available information answering these questions both on airBNB and my guest web page.   Would airbnb consider taking down this review?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leigh432 , thank you for sharing your question in this thread. Since this thread is from 2020, Hosts may possibly miss your comment and question given it's from an older thread. Would you like to share your question with other Hosts by 👉 starting a new conversation here? 👈

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines