Guest left without cancelling

Answered!

Guest left without cancelling

I had a guest for 3 nights who left the first morning at 6 am because she said the fridge wasn’t cold enough.. fridge is 2 years old, a major brand, never had any issues.  She did not cancel and did not give the chance for me to look at the fridge and resolve or provide an alternative if necessary with a partial refund is that was appropriate. I could have it looked at, provided a cooler or a mini fridge….there were a lot of solutions to address any issue the fridge might have had. This is a tiny mountain cabin for 2 not a big family gathering place.  There are many stores and restaurants so there were options. Since she never canceled I could not rebook.  So the cabin was hers for 3 nights whether or not she is there. I told her she needed to cancel and she still didn’t.  She expects a refund and is mad because Airbnb policy says she isn’t due one.  I think she isn’t being totally honest and still am not sure what happened.  I would have liked to be able to address and resolve the issue but she just bailed.  Airbnb is leaving it up to me since she didn’t inform them or cancel and didn’t try to resolve with me. As I business person I feel she isn’t due a refund. What’s everyone’s opinion?

1 Best Answer

Hi, don't refund her, just forget about and move on. Nothing you can do and you will never really know. Stay firm and be clear, that she did not cancel or contact you, so she booked and paid for the entire stay. Make sure all communications are through the airbnb platform when you have issues.

Also please review her, just on the 13 th day, before the review period expires. You probably don't want her review, so leave as little time as possible for the reminder she will get when you review her. But future hosts need to know you had issues with her stay, be polite

Good luck, your place looks great and your ratings will survive it,

Kind regs

Mary

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi, don't refund her, just forget about and move on. Nothing you can do and you will never really know. Stay firm and be clear, that she did not cancel or contact you, so she booked and paid for the entire stay. Make sure all communications are through the airbnb platform when you have issues.

Also please review her, just on the 13 th day, before the review period expires. You probably don't want her review, so leave as little time as possible for the reminder she will get when you review her. But future hosts need to know you had issues with her stay, be polite

Good luck, your place looks great and your ratings will survive it,

Kind regs

Mary

Thank you for your great input Mary.   I think your advice is sound and will follow it.  Thanks again 🙂