Guest never leaves the house and order the breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack

Elea0
Level 2
Frisco, TX

Guest never leaves the house and order the breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack

We noticed some guest never leaves the house and order the breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack, that made me feel reasonably uncomfortable.
We're both work from home and our senior parents often visiting so if the guest is loud and consistently had a visitor /delivering the food ring the doorbells it will be difficult for us to do our work and too much to compromise. How can I mention this in the description nicely? And avoiding this kind of guest?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Elea0 I am against adding text and rules for every eventuality that might exist. The type of guest you describe is rare ( I assume your first in quite a few) so unless there is something in your listing text that encourages a particular behaviour I would just let it go.

Marissa160
Level 10
Dallas, TX

@Elea0 i would say you are very lucky if your biggest inconvenience is a food delivery service ringing your doorbell. You cannot ask guests to book your listing, then leave for meals or other reasons. 

Yas6
Level 2
Moscow, Russia

This probably won't solve the problem 100% or suddenly make you comfortable in this situation, but if the guest is communicative / won't be angry at that sort of thing - you can explain about the parents and work and ask him to not mention which doorbell or apartment you are when ordering delivery. Perhaps this way the delivery guy won't know which door to ring and just call the guest instead, and he'd come out himself and get the food quietly. 

P.S. Where I live that's how it works with the doorbells but maybe it's different in your country /  type of building