Guest reviews

Brenda1651
Level 1
Monticello, IL

Guest reviews

I have had two separate situations with guests where the guest left our property in less than satisfactory condition and they did not leave a guest review. Therefore, my question is, can other hosts see my review of these guests so that they are not blindsided by these guests if they try to rent another Airbnb? Each of these guests had no previous reviews and their profiles were not complete. I am a new Airbnb owner. Thank you for your help with this situation.

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Brenda1651 

Yes, other hosts will see your review. If the guest reviews you, both of your reviews become visible when the last one of you posts the review. If the guest doesn't review you, your review is published on the guest's profile 14 days after checkout.

Hilee0
Level 3
State College, PA

Hello Brenda, 

Yes, other hosts can see your review after the 2 week time period or once both guest and host reviews are complete.

You say you're a new host, and your listing mentions your proximity to University. I'm also a host in a major college town and have hosted hundreds of guests. I have instant book, and don't bat an eye to guests with less than perfect reviews or newcomers, because I can count on one hand the truly 'bad' guests I've encountered, and with some experience you will be able to see that as well.

Personally I only leave a negative review if there is damage, but we're in a highly competitive market and  I'm thankful they're choosing our listing out of hundreds in the area.

Also, place yourself in their shoes...families who need to feed their kiddos in the morning while trying to rush and clean before check-out, people who need to get to their next travel destination, or perhaps their cleaning practices just aren't as high as yours, etc...

I would recommend raising your cleaning fee (within reason) or absorb it into your nightly rate, to a cost that will cover the average guest, plus a little extra for those times where a guest has left you with a less than ideal situation. 

I'm lucky to have a  high occupancy rate and wonderful income because after much experience I've learned to relax and not 'helicopter host'.  Clean, reset, onto the next guest. Happy Hosting!