Guest thought they booked for two days

M216
Level 2
Moscow, ID

Guest thought they booked for two days

I need help on what to do here.  i have a guest that booked a one night stay, she thought she had booked two.  I actually had opened the dates for her and she only booked one and then a couple weeks later someone else instant booked the other.  When I let her know she got irate, calling me names, using profanity etc on air bnb messenger.  I quickly realized this was someone I did not want to deal with and following her demand for a refund offered her a full refund.  Then she then said she didnt want to cancel but then went on in two messages to demand full refund.  I have messaged her twice instructing her to cancel her reservation.  She has yet to do so.  Frankly at this point I do not want this woman staying in our home.  What are my options here.  If I cancel her reservation myself I am out money correct?

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@M216 You’ll have to contact Airbnb and ask for a neutral cancellation. Since communications were on the platform, CS will be able to see them. 

You can then block the person by clicking the flag icon next to their name in the message field. This will prevent them from being able to contact you in future. 

Awesome how do i best go about contacting Air Bnb

I agree 100% with Colleen - just give them a call and cancel the reservation if you are unsure of that guest. Best of luck!

Important though, don't cancel on your own or you'll be penalized. Talk to someone.

Regarding airbnb calendar, best to suggest the guest contact airbnb customer service directly with any questions.  For some reason a few guests get confused by the calendar, let airbnb CS help them.  As for canceling penalty free, there is a way for airbnb customer service to make the cancellation for you.  DO NOT try to cancel yourself online as you will be penalized.  Be sure the airbnb rep does the cancellation.  Good luck.