Guest which couldn't come last minute hospitalization

Michelle4188
Level 2
Bartlesville, OK

Guest which couldn't come last minute hospitalization

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! I'm a new host and wondering if anyone has any advice about what I should do? I have a booking and had really wonderful contact with the guest, who had made this reservation about 2 months in advance. We had been messaging two days before and then the day before, they were very excited for their booking. The night before they were supposed to check in, he messaged me saying that he had an accident and was hospitalized and that they wouldn't be able to make it. I responded with a lot of concern of course and hope that he's ok. He has not asked for any refund. I don't know if he had travel insurance etc, but I am guessing, from his very high position, that he's not concerned about the refund. Has anyone experienced a guest being unable to check in because of an emergency hospitalization?  

Thank you for any suggestions and advice! 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I just advise guests asking to a refund outside of the cancellation policy to claim on their travel insurance @Michelle4188 

Thank you for your help @Helen3!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michelle4188  😊It is wonderful to see that you are finding the replies from our Hosts useful. I wanted to let you know that I have tagged them in your replies so they receive a notification of your thank-you message. To tag a Host, simply use the @ symbol and choose their username from the drop-down menu.

Additionally, if you find any of their answers particularly helpful, please don't hesitate to mark it as the best answer. You can do this by clicking the button below the comment, as shown in the following image:

Paula_0-1720546967772.png

This will help future Hosts with similar questions easily find this conversation.

Regards 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Michelle4188 

One option is to see whether you are able to get others to book some of the available nights and partially or fully refund him for those nights. You can use the "send money" feature for this.

Thank you for your help, @Shelley159!