Guest wishes to cancel a booking due to family problems. what is the best way to do this?

Answered!

Guest wishes to cancel a booking due to family problems. what is the best way to do this?

A guest wants to cancel a reservation due to family issues. Whilst I have agreed for him to do this, our current set up policy is strict which means he will lose 50% deposit. How do we successfully allow him to leave the reservation without the penalty cost? Should I cancel the booking from my end? 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Lisa8271 Get the guest to contact Airbnb asking for a cancellation. Airbnb will then contact you and ask if you are willing to allow it. This way they should get their service fee back as well as the rental costs.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Lisa8271 Get the guest to contact Airbnb asking for a cancellation. Airbnb will then contact you and ask if you are willing to allow it. This way they should get their service fee back as well as the rental costs.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

@Hey @Lisa8271

What was the outcome for you and your guest? 

If @Mike-And-Jane0's answer helped, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, just shout. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines