Guests checking out on time

Answered!
Rose-Holidays0
Level 1
Perranporth, United Kingdom

Guests checking out on time

I seem to have a problem with guests not checking out by the check out time (10am).

When I send them all the details for check in, I mention the check out time. I then send a message the evening before they check out to say this...

Guests seem to be leaving around 10:20-10:30 which means I am then having to pay cleaner (if it's not me cleaning) for them waiting around.....

Does anyone else have this issue?  Is there a polite way of asking for 'strict' check out time??

TIA

1 Best Answer

This is frustrating for you, particularly if you are paying a cleaner... I have been reasonably fortunate so far, in that most of my guests text me and ask if it's ok to park a little longer or check out slightly later, however, this could be because the airbnb is attached to my house! I wonder if in your welcome you could could put something like - We respectfully ask that all guests please vacate the property no later than 10 am on your day of departure. Late departures, without prior notice, may incur an additional fee'...

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

This is frustrating for you, particularly if you are paying a cleaner... I have been reasonably fortunate so far, in that most of my guests text me and ask if it's ok to park a little longer or check out slightly later, however, this could be because the airbnb is attached to my house! I wonder if in your welcome you could could put something like - We respectfully ask that all guests please vacate the property no later than 10 am on your day of departure. Late departures, without prior notice, may incur an additional fee'...

Rose-Holidays0
Level 1

Thank you! I wanted to word it in a friendly manner and didn't know how to put it and that sounds great!

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Rose-Holidays0 

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. You are reviewed on how clean your place is, yet guests who review you, sometimes don't give you enough time to properly clean between bookings due to early arrival and/or late departure.

You can go to Listings, House Rules and set up a check-out message there. Guests will automatically receive it at 17h00 the night before check-out. I'm not saying this will solve the problem,  just that it's something you can do!

I would recommend keeping the check-out time 10h00, but scheduling cleaning for 10h30.

Rose-Holidays0
Level 1

Hi Shelly,

I already have the automatic message and I also send a personal message after this... but still doesn't seem to  work. Thank you though! 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Rose-Holidays0 

@I would suggest you ask for your guests to vacate by 10 and your cleaners to start at 10.30 to help avoid this situation.

politely remind your guests your cleaners will be arriving at check out time so you will need to pass on charges if the property isn't vacated