Guests send 'minor inconvenience' pictures directly to Airbnb to get 30% discount

Guests send 'minor inconvenience' pictures directly to Airbnb to get 30% discount

After 100 excellent reviews with an 4.89 average rating, I had a new situation today. My guests filed a 'cleanliness' complaint directly to Airbnb. They took pictures from stains on the outside BBQ, they removed the covers from the chairs to take picture of 'discoloration' underneath the covers, they found spots of rust on the outside cement floor where chairs with iron stands are located, etc. All IMHO very minor issues that no guests ever complaint about, and that are a common occurrence in every house near the beach. Airbnb immediately subtracted 30% from my payout. They probably did not even look a the pictures. Very unsatisfying experience and a first. I wonder how many people 'game the system' that way to enforce a discount ? I feel now completely exposed to future guest practices and wonder if I should remove the listing. Does VRBO have a similar policy?

1 Reply 1
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Thomas-And-Rachel0, I am very sorry about this situation.

Did you contact the support team to get their assistance? Have there been any updates since you posted here?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad