HOST/AIRBNB BAD INTERACTION

Answered!
Pamela1218
Level 2
Boston, MA

HOST/AIRBNB BAD INTERACTION

I recently cancelled a reservation for Washington DC last week (reservation for 6/3-6/10) and I have payed 743 dollars for that in advance. My family member passed away unexpectadly and I was her primary caretaker. Airbnb declined to provide me my refund even though I provided a death certificate...Host also refused and I am only getting back 143 dollars.....And I even gave noticed about these issue 3-4 weeks in advance. To all the hosts OUT there please do not treat your guests like that IT is highly unacceptable and disgusting also from their end and AIRBNB. BE CAREFUL peeps. 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am sorry for your loss @Pamela1218 

The best way to get a refund is to claim on your travel insurance.

The reason for your cancellation is not covered as a penalty free cancellation by Airbnb. They do offer travel insurance for guests so that you will be covered in these sad circumstances.

What was the cancellation policy you booked under?

Have you asked the host politely if they will refund you if they are able to rebook any of the dates.?

And please if you want experienced hosts to help you can you avoid being rude to those like @Kia272 who offered useful feedback. It's not fair to take your frustrations out on those taking the time to offer you advice.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Pamela1218 

Have you contacted your credit card company as they would be my first call in your circumstances and you should have every chance of being reimbursed as this is usually covered in their standard policy

I am sorry for your loss

Joëlle

Oh really? I have not tried this!! I will call them later this afternoon. Great idea, its CHASE so I am hoping I will get somewhere, thank you so so much!