New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,237 Replies 2,237
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Shalini34 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊

-----

Richard3335
Level 2
Mosman, Australia

Hi All, I'm Richard from the Northern Rivers area of NSW, Australia. I'm an IT Consultant by trade and I've been with AirBnb for 8 years as a guest, travelling around Australia and Europe using AIrBnb properties almost exclusively.

But this is my first foray into hosting, having previously rented out a property for 6 years or so through a property agency. I think we can offer a better experience by being more hands-on. I'm still a newbie so any tips are most welcome. Our new listing goes live as I write this!

Unfortunately it means we lose all the previous, wonderful reviews acquired over the past 6 years.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Richard3335 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. 

It's a shame that you lose the many wonderful reviews you had but I have no doubt that with your dedication and being a hands-on Host that you'll be back up there within no time! And... you've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

-----

Kt21
Level 1
Sihanoukville, Cambodia

I am KT from sihanoukville, Cambodia. 

Nice to be here and hope to get more improvement of hosting in Airbnb. 

Keep in touch. 

Thank you.

Fernando2497
Level 2
Winchburgh, United Kingdom

Hi, I'm Fernando and I would like to start listing my house in Winchburgh, near Edinburgh, UK

성복1
Level 2
Jeju-si, South Korea

저의 이름은 "Sungbok Hong" 랍니다. 
전 녹차도시로 유명한 대한민국 전라남도 보성군 득량면에 한국의 전통한옥을 리모델링하여 2인 전용 독채 한옥 펜션을 2024년초부터 운영하고 있습니다.   한옥 에어비앤비 숙소 명은  "Eunmokseojae' 입니다. 보성은  농촌과 바다가 함께 어우러잔  조용한 시골마을이랍니다.
저는 대한민국 서울에서 살다가 대장암 때문에 수술과 항암치료 이후에 건강관리 겸 해서 세계자연유산인 아름다운 대한민국 남단 제주도로 
이주를 하게 되었습니다. 대한민국의 수도 서울에 살 때에는 바쁘게 살다 보니 자연의 아름다움을 미쳐 알지 못했답니다.
제주도로 이주를 하고 매일 바다와 자연을 호흡하면서 걷다 보니 자연의 아름다움에 매력을 느껴 스마트폰으롷 사진을 찍기 시작했답니다.
지금은 스마트폰과 드론으로 자연을 사진과 영상으로 담는 것을 취미로 하고 있답니다. 
요즘에는 건강과 함께 아름다운 자연에 가까이 하기 위해 전기자전거를 타고 대한민국 아니 세계여행을 위해 전기 자전거로 단련하고 있답니다.
자연이 좋아  한가롭고 자연이 숨쉬는 전형적인 시골마을에  낡은 한옥을 리모델링 하여 ' 온전한 쉼을 위한' 이란 테마로 에어비앤비를 시작하게되었습니다. 전 1956년 출생으로 나이가 좀 있는 편이라 여러방면에서  뒤쳐질 수가 있습니다. 
많은 선배님 고수분들의 지원과 지도를 부탁드립니다. 

[Translation added by Community Manager] 

My name is “Sungbok Hong”.
We are remodeling a traditional Korean hanok in Deuknyang-myeon, Boseong-gun, Jeollanam-do, Korea, famous as the former green tea city, and operating a 2-person private hanok pension starting in early 2024.The name of the Hanok Airbnb accommodation is "Eunmokseojae'. Boseong is a quiet rural village where the countryside and the sea come together.
I lived in Seoul, Korea, and after surgery and chemotherapy for colon cancer, I went to Jeju Island, the beautiful southern tip of Korea, a world natural heritage site, to take care of my health.
I have moved. When I lived in Seoul, the capital of Korea, I was so busy living that I didn't realize the beauty of nature.
After moving to Jeju Island and walking around the sea and nature every day, I became fascinated by the beauty of nature and started taking pictures with my smartphone.
Currently, my hobby is taking pictures and videos of nature using my smartphone and drone.
These days, I ride an electric bicycle to stay healthy and be close to beautiful nature, and I am training myself to travel around Korea and the world.
We started Airbnb with the theme of ‘for complete rest’ by remodeling an old hanok in a typical rural village where nature breathes and is peaceful. I was born in 1956, so I am a bit older, so I may be behind in many ways.
We ask for the support and guidance of many seniors and experts.

Hi All!

I am Staci and I am a professional property manager and began hosting about 7 months ago.  STR is a new and interesting concept for me.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Staci177 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

-----

Alexandr4197
Level 1
Baar, Switzerland

Hi I am Alex. I host a beautiful place in Tenerife. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Alexandr4197 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. How long have you been a Host for? 

-----

عماد-شعبان0
Level 3
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I am from Egypt, I live and work in Dubai. I love travel and tourism, meeting new people and making friends. I work as a civil engineer designing buildings. She started hosting at the beginning of this year. Wonderful and beautiful work, and I met people from different countries. I want to travel, meet people and learn about different cultures. If someone wants to do so, contact me. We visit each other 

Hi @عماد-شعبان0 , It’s great to hear that you're passionate about travel, tourism and getting to meet and know new people ! 😍  

I noticed that you're 4 months into hosting already 🤩 , do you have any memorable experiences or favorite moments as a Host so far? 

Looking forward to reading more about your journey! 😉

-----

When guests come to me, I am very happy. And when guests go and give me an evaluation above what is expected, I feel very happy.These are the most beautiful moments

That's lovely @عماد-شعبان0 😍 , it's evident how much you value guests!

Do you welcome your guests in person, or prefer virtual check in? 👀

-----

Jamie1268
Level 1
Billings, MT

Hi I'm Jamie.  I'm a Case Manager who works w/ addicts in Billings, Mt.  I'm passionate about helping people.  I'm a single mom of a little boy. And my teenage daughter just left her master bedroom behind, so might as well make use!  We love adventures, swimming, events, etc. & always keep busy!  So far Air b&b has been a great experience!