Host refuses to delist my property from AirBnb platform

Host refuses to delist my property from AirBnb platform

I have a big problem that I cannot figure out how to solve.   I purchased a condomium in Cabo Mexico and originally retained the property manager who registered this property under his name and account on AirBnB.  

Now, a year later, we parted ways. I hired a new property manager. But the former property manager, refuses to delist the property on the AirBnB platform.

I will not recognize a lease agreement from this platform. All locks have been changed on my property. I won't allow any person to go inside my property unless they have entered into a contract directly with me.

Should I take legal actions against AirBnb for claims and damages that I have suffered from AirBnB's deny on removing my condo off the platform ? I mean the fact that they are a internet platform does allow them to was their hands and git rid of my dispute that they have refused to do anything.

I am being held hostage from my former property manager and AirBnB.

What I think is going on is this AirBnb listing is being used as a bait and switch to the condo next to mine as a means to collect bookings. 

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you,

15 Replies 15
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You cannot transfer a listing from one owner to another @Sharon-Lou0 you bought the property not the business . Did the previous owner not make this clear?

you cannot demand Airbnb delists the cohost . They are not likely to cancel the listing if there are live bookings. 

If the cohost accepted bookings which you agreed she could take you should honour them (see your contract with the cohost).  You will need to see if she wants to continue to honour the booking or wants to cancel them. 

just set up your own listing and you can take bookings directly . 

I do feel sorry for any guests who booked through the cohost who are caught in the middle.