Hosting in with a shared entrance in a Covid world.

Richard-Carson0
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Hosting in with a shared entrance in a Covid world.

I have been an Airbnb host for 10 years. I've been a Superhost for most of those years. I have always been very successful because of my prime location in Nashville TN. My space is the top floor of my house, completely private but guests do come in my front door and walk to a small hallway before going upstairs behind a closed door. I've put my space on hold, perhaps for the rest of 2020, but I'd like to hear from other hosts with shared entrances in regards to how they plan to handle guests in a hopefully post-pandemic world.

3 Replies 3
Julie858
Level 2
Burlington, Canada

I have a bungalow with a front door I normally share when I host. Guest then take a few steps to stairs going dow to a basement apartment.  We have been very successful with only one guest Stating they thought the entire apartment meant entire house!   I’ve since screened off our private area so that guest don’t feel obligated to converse if they would rather not.  

our current guest is an essential worker that has remained with us two months now.  She simply uses the back door which opens up into the same shared hallway before going down to the apartment (that has its own front door ).     This works for us.  

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Richard-Carson0   It seems that the transfer from surfaces risk is not as high as was originally thought, so I would say its fine, if you wanted you could put wipes out near the front door and ask guests to wipe the door handle or you could do wipe it down 1 or 2x a day.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I would handle it exactly the same way as I handle walking in and out of a grocery store which shares its entrance with thousands of people daily.