Housekeeping for a long term booking

Answered!

Housekeeping for a long term booking

Hi - I'm reaching out as a new host to ask what the protocol is with regard to housekeeping for a long term booking? The guest/s pay for cleaning after their stay within their fees but we have a guest coming to stay who, is receiving a discounted rate due to the length of time that she has booked & is only paying a one off cleaning fee. Due to the length of time that she is staying (45 nights!) I would expect that she will require clean bedding & towels on multiple occasions so how do I factor for this? Is their a set procedure within Airbnb or is it a discussion for the host & guest? Please advise.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1776 there is no set procedure for longer term stays. We tend to offer to change the bedding so that we can keep an eye on the place but its really up to a discussion between you and the guest. In my view discounts are given to recognise that there will be no downtime between stays rather than for reduction in cleaning etc.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1776 there is no set procedure for longer term stays. We tend to offer to change the bedding so that we can keep an eye on the place but its really up to a discussion between you and the guest. In my view discounts are given to recognise that there will be no downtime between stays rather than for reduction in cleaning etc.

Hi Mike & Jane,

Thank you for your reply. I think it's something I'll discuss with the guest & get their feelings on it too as they are using the Airbnb as a base whilst doing shift work in the area. Cheers Denise 🙂