How to cancel a guest booking reservation?

How to cancel a guest booking reservation?

I had a guest that was really bad and they have currently reserved some dates at my premises. Considering the experience with them I would like to cancel their reservation. 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Which guest are you referring to @Oliver790  I can see you have left positive reviews for both of the guests who have stayed with you.

did you raise issues with airbnb at the time ? 

I really appreciate all your insights, 

Thank you.

I wish it was easier to remove the booking though 

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Oliver790 , I agree with Helen. You need to contact Airbnb. But most importantly is whether or not you have posted a review with the guest(s) you would like to cancel for future stays. If not, then please post your review and state if they did not follow house rules etc..rate them accordingly and mark the “would not recommend to other host”section. After you’ve done this then I’d contact Airbnb and advise them of your situation and point them to your review etc…However, if you already left them a glowing review and/or did not post one at all, then Airbnb may impose a fee for cancellation. 

Best—

Well I  did leave good review but truth is it was not truly deserved and I really wasn't expecting her to book again. She was not a good guest and with the review that she left, it is very surprising that she booked again.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You should really have left an honest review, chosen 'I would not host this guest again' option when reviewing and blocked the guest so they couldn't book with you again. @Oliver790 

As hosts we rely on honest reviews from other hosts to make informed choices about the guests we choose to host.

if you can indicate why this was a bad guest we can advise further @Oliver790