How to stop guests making false claims?

Answered!
Jimmie17
Level 2
Toledo, OH

How to stop guests making false claims?

What do you do with Picky guests who are never satisfied with there stay is seems scams are becoming more eaisier for guest to initiate with reddit and discord showing step by step details on getting free nights. How is it fair that guest are able to make false claims stating place is dirty etc. I had one guest smoke on my property then left a noticable smell complaint the guest tried to do a refund scam 3 days in and didnt get his way then left a 1 star review with negitive feedback. I was then contacted by airbnb telling me my listing is in danger of being suspendid how is this okay evan after proving to airbnb that my place is up to guest standards. If anyone else agrees or has a input please share and help me.

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

1 Best Answer
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jimmie17 

Welcome to the Community Center!

If you type "guests false claims" into the search bar at the top of this page (it has a magnifying glass and says 'search the community') then you should be able to find topics started by other people who have had similar experiences.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jimmie17 

Welcome to the Community Center!

If you type "guests false claims" into the search bar at the top of this page (it has a magnifying glass and says 'search the community') then you should be able to find topics started by other people who have had similar experiences.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Risha0
Level 2
New York, NY

yeah this has happened to me more after the pandemic...guests say place is not clean or etc and want refund after 5 days staying here  its crazy ... then they complain to airbnb when they leave...any guest can stage photos of place  make it dirty take pictures etc... they send it to airbnb but how do they know it wasn't staged ... I think all hosts should take videos f place with a newspaper with date on it to show hoe place looks and maybe provide guests with a checklist that they check off toilet clean check sink clean check etc