How to tell a fake id

Wendy1854
Level 1
Archer, FL

How to tell a fake id

Hi everyone I’ve had a person contact me “A” that’s all it said. They have Chinese symbols on there correspondence and want to book 5 months. Since I’m new it seems scammy. Any input?

1 Reply 1

Hi Wendy,

It's a good idea to trust your instincts when something feels off. In this case, the lack of information, vague communication, and a request for a long-term stay without much discussion do raise some concerns.

Try asking the potential guest for more details about their stay, including the reason for the visit and the number of guests, to gauge their response. Make sure any payments are processed through Airbnb and avoid any off-platform transactions.

If you're still uncertain, reaching out to Airbnb support for verification is a good step to ensure everything is legitimate.

Additonally, there are several websites and apps that provide Know Your Customer (KYC) services, allowing businesses or individuals to perform identity verification on their clients or users.

These tools help verify identity documents, perform background checks, and meet compliance requirements. Some of the most popular platforms for doing your own KYC include:

Jumio: Known for its robust identity verification solutions, Jumio offers document verification, facial recognition, and other services to help businesses stay compliant with KYC regulations.

Onfido: A platform that helps businesses verify the identity of their users by combining AI with human experts. It supports document verification and biometric checks.

Sumsub: Provides KYC, KYB (Know Your Business), and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) compliance services. It allows you to perform identity checks in real-time and ensure your clients meet regulatory standards.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management