Lack of airbnb support for superhost

Annabel346
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Lack of airbnb support for superhost

In 8 years of hosting, I have finally had the experience to make me want to leave the airbnb platform. 

Last week, Sandton had a town wide water outage from about 11am to midnight on two consecutive days. My ** guests reported me to airbnb despite me driving to them at 9pm with more drinking water. Airbnb allowed them to check out two weeks early with no notification to me, after my Friday checkout time. It took airbnb two days to inform me. They guests were credited with two weeks accommodation. However, some issues remain:

- my listing is suspended due to hair or pet hair despite airbnb saying that’s an error and they’ll fix it. 
- the keys weren’t in the lockbox so I paid a locksmith to open the house, replace the lock and provide me with new keys. The guests are refusing to reimburse as they locked the keys in the house. 
- the only answer I get from airbnb is that they assure me as a superhost the best attention and they will revert to me in a few minutes. They never do. 

I’ve called, messaged and followed up with airbnb with no response. What do I do? 

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

3 Replies 3
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Annabel346 

Were you able to get this sorted out with Airbnb?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Annabel346, I find this terrible, so sorry for your experience. 

Helen3475
Level 1
Australian Capital Territory, Australia

hi Annabel,

sorry for your experience unfortunately it is the way Airbnb operate. 

Airbnb are rude dishonest and disrespectful to superhosts when there is an issue. I have been a  superhost for 8 years  and constant 5 star reviews. Had one guest who was vexacious and after investigating Airbnb removed her review (I provided written messages and evidence)  and then when she complained they reinstated it and did not call or contact me u til it was done.

no help or support. 
I am moving to another platform that costs less and  has respect. There is competition now which is good.