Listing detailed

Sylvia404
Level 2
Reading, PA

Listing detailed

Do our guests take time to read the listing? Recently had a guest who booked my space and gave a low review on location and communication which puzzled me because I never had a low score on communication. In addition, the guest couldn't find a space close to the event and book mine which was out of the way. Why then the low score?

2 Replies 2
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Sylvia404 What works for me is to describe in detail what can be reached by walking(less than 15 minutes walk). Ie. restaurants, grocery store, etc. I also highlighted in particular the best restaurant in the area that can be walked to, ie. for me I highlighted/recommended Gyubee which is a highly rated Japanese all-you-can-eat in the area.

I also added a guidebook for each. One for restaurants that can be walked to, and another for grocery store that can be walked to.

That will make this type of review less likely , ie. "nothing decent to eat around in the area."

@Sylvia404. Sylvia, try not to take reviews too much to heart.

For example,  two years ago one of my listings got a couple of 4's for location. This year its all 5's. I've noticed a different type of guest this year, younger, budget conscious so the local pub by the water 200m away and dog friendly is now a big plus apparently. I didnt really change my description either (or location) but I do include both fine dining and budget eating, all with distances noted.

Re communication thats a very individual thing. I just open the lines of communication early and keep it up. It sounds like he was only slightly disappointed, that's all.

And in answer to your first question no, they often dont! 😉